The Student Room Group

worried my weight will put guys off

I'm not really fat at all but I'm slightly overweight (like not much but I'm very self conscious about it) and I'm worried the fact I have a bit of a tummy/ bigger thighs will put guys off if we decide to take things further. From your experiences, do guys generally get put off by girls being slightly bigger or do they care more about other things?

Scroll to see replies

We need more details like your actual weight/height and body shape. I prefer slimmer girls myself though.
Really depends on the guy. If you are only slightly overweight chances are nobody is thinking twice about your weight, depending on how the extra weight distributes itself on your body.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I'm not really fat at all but I'm slightly overweight (like not much but I'm very self conscious about it) and I'm worried the fact I have a bit of a tummy/ bigger thighs will put guys off if we decide to take things further. From your experiences, do guys generally get put off by girls being slightly bigger or do they care more about other things?

if he doesn't like your weight then he really isn't worth your time!:tongue:
Reply 4
Find a guy your weight and relax.

Or just loose weight... -.-

Personally I would never date a larger girl, it shows she lacks self control and self worth thus self confidence.
Some guys are all about the bass! don't worry about your size just relax and be yourself and try not to pick tossers. In fact I would say that if a guy is funny about your weight then he is a tosser, but that's IMHO..
Reply 6
I'm somewhere between 11 and 12 stone (not sure how much bcos I haven't weighed myself for months and I have lost weight recently) and I'm 5'8
Reply 7
Darling, if he isn't interested in you because of your weight, then you can shed a couple of stone, by kicking his sorry ass to the curb!
Reply 8
Original post by Foo.mp3
So get in shape? :smile:

I have lost some weight in the last few months which is good as people have said I looked slimmer :smile:
I'm somewhere between 11 and 12 stone (not sure how much bcos I haven't weighed myself for months and I have lost weight recently) and I'm 5'8

Hey for your height 11 stone(154 lbs) is a healthy weight (according to BMI) 165lbs (a few lbs under 12 stone) is only just classed as overweight.

It sounds like you have nothing to worry about, especially as you say you've lost weight so you're unlikely to be in the overweight category.
(edited 9 years ago)
Or just relax and enjoy your life... But please don't complain about your weight and do no exercise or dieting. That's a turn off for me. Either be overweight and happy or do something about it. Please don't get an eating disorder!
If a guy is so concerned about a girl's weight you won't reach the level of "taking things further" with said guy :P Don't worry. Btw few girls are picture perfect... Most guys (ugly to above average ones) won't have had many experience with gorgeous girls, most girls have some negative traits be them weight or another thing and guys simply have to deal with it because they have some bad things about them too!
Original post by earthworm
Some guys are all about the bass! don't worry about your size just relax and be yourself and try not to pick tossers. In fact I would say that if a guy is funny about your weight then he is a tosser, but that's IMHO..

Why does taking weight into consideration make someone a tosser?

Don't get hung up on your body shape.

Look after yourself, eat healthy foods and get plenty of exercise.

It's more important to develop your self esteem and confidence in your own abilities and not look to others for approbation or force yourself to conform with what you think will make them like you.

Do it for yourself first and foremost, wear what makes YOU happy and because you want to and for no other reason.

Before you know it, the 'right' boys will come looking for you, not some jerk who wants you to conform to his idea of 'sexy' and desirable - that's simply massaging his inflated ego and not looking after your own self esteem.
(edited 9 years ago)
Some of the comments here are ridiculous. It's not unreasonable to not want to date a fat girl.

Having said that you don't sound particularly overweight and no-one is going to mind if you are a tad chubby. I wouldn't worry about it.
I prefer girls with a bit of meat on them to be honest...what do I need a rake for? I'm not a gardener

Something like that would not bother me unless the person was obese. That's just too far for me.
Reply 16
You sound fine to me.

Look how you want and do what you want because you want to, not because someone else wants to.

Besides, have you ever hugged one of those size 6/8 stick thin girls? Its like hugging a slightly warmer lamp post that has arms...
Original post by tengentoppa
Some of the comments here are ridiculous. It's not unreasonable to not want to date a fat girl.

Having said that you don't sound particularly overweight and no-one is going to mind if you are a tad chubby. I wouldn't worry about it.

Agreed. Funny how it's despicable for a man to find somebody's weight (changeable) offputting, but it's acceptable for girls to discriminate openly based on men's height that cannot be changed.
Original post by midgemeister7
Agreed. Funny how it's despicable for a man to find somebody's weight (changeable) offputting, but it's acceptable for girls to discriminate openly based on men's height that cannot be changed.

I personally would judge someone on their weight/height so I understand that guys could judge me based on my weight also that's why I was asking so I think these are fair comments too
Original post by midgemeister7
Don't get hung up on height either. There are plenty of girls who are not bothered by it and will date guy's shorter than themselves by quite some margin. It's all about attitude, a good personality and having confidence in oneself without arrogance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending