The Student Room Group

Ielts-english requirement for top universities

Hi there, I have got a question about my english language requirement as I am a Thai student who have completed the secondary education in Nz. My ielts is overall 7 but only my writing is 6 and the rest are above 7 like 7.5-8. I just want to know if I do need to resit ielts test again as the requirement on LSE's website is 7 in all 4 components for MSc management. Is there any compromise with the english requirement that 8 or 7.5 in other part can make up for my writing part. Thank you :smile:
Reply 1
No, a friend got rejected because of that.. Not achieving 7 in all parts

Posted from TSR Mobile
Each University - and each course within every University - will have a different requirement.

For Uni of Bristol, there is a an English Language 'profile' listed under the admissions requirements for each course : http://www.bristol.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/language-requirements/

Each profile requirement is then listed here : http://www.bristol.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/language-requirements/ (read the ENTIRE profile, not just the top IELTS section).
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Jamisshunter123
Hi there, I have got a question about my english language requirement as I am a Thai student who have completed the secondary education in Nz. My ielts is overall 7 but only my writing is 6 and the rest are above 7 like 7.5-8. I just want to know if I do need to resit ielts test again as the requirement on LSE's website is 7 in all 4 components for MSc management. Is there any compromise with the english requirement that 8 or 7.5 in other part can make up for my writing part. Thank you :smile:

I would suggest contacting lse in your circumstances, the fact you were in secondary education in an English speaking country might have a bearing on this
Original post by swanseajack1
I would suggest contacting lse in your circumstances, the fact you were in secondary education in an English speaking country might have a bearing on this

The fact that you are not a native of that country will mean you still have to meet the Eng Lang requirement unless you have an acceptable level of English attainment from within any NZ school leaving quals you have or are taking.

Check the Uni website for info and/or email the International Admissions office to check.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending