The Student Room Group
University of Northampton
Northampton

Adult Nursing University of Northampton September 2015

Scroll to see replies

So ... the maths were doing with the access which is 6 credits is not enough for Northampton my maths tutor told me today so I have to do the GCSE .. i signed the form this evening.

He said though that the other Uni near us Bedfordshire DO accept the 6 credits Maths within access, even though its not at all an equivalent, as mk and beds have a good relationship.

How did you get on?
Northampton
Reply 41
Original post by Tam04
Great. Speak to you later x

Hi I spoke to my college yesterday and they told me that it won't be a problem because the uni know what modules are included in the course so they wouldn't of offered a place if we couldn't get what they wanted. My tutor said its nothing to worry about. What did yours say?
Reply 42
Original post by Tam04
Hi I spoke to my college yesterday and they told me that it won't be a problem because the uni know what modules are included in the course so they wouldn't of offered a place if we couldn't get what they wanted. My tutor said its nothing to worry about. What did yours say?

Sorry just noticed your message. I'm going to call Northampton now and clarify what they actually want.
Reply 43
Original post by Tam04
Sorry just noticed your message. I'm going to call Northampton now and clarify what they actually want.

Ok I've just spoken to Northampton. They said if you are doing level 2 maths and English they do require 12 credits for each. I'm doing level 3 which they only require 6 credits for each because it's a higher level.
Original post by Tam04
Ok I've just spoken to Northampton. They said if you are doing level 2 maths and English they do require 12 credits for each. I'm doing level 3 which they only require 6 credits for each because it's a higher level.

Brilliant :smile:

Allthough it would have been helpful if Northampton told me that .. and my maths tutor is certainly not aware .. it would be far easier for us to do 6 level 3 maths credits than enter us all in for a gcse!
Reply 45
Original post by // sandals
Brilliant :smile:

Allthough it would have been helpful if Northampton told me that .. and my maths tutor is certainly not aware .. it would be far easier for us to do 6 level 3 maths credits than enter us all in for a gcse!

Definitely. At least that's one thing we've got sorted 😃
Haha yep!

how are you getting on with your course? Ive only had 2 assignment marked .. One submitted. . And two left to do .. the rest is alllllll exams in june :frown:
Reply 47
Haha yep!

how are you getting on with your course? Ive only had 2 assignment marked .. One submitted. . And two left to do .. the rest is alllllll exams in june :frown:

I'm getting on ok. I've got a couple of exams left and a few assignments.
R u looking forward to starting in September?
Reply 48
I am starting in September 2015 too!! Does anyone know about applying for the bursary?
Reply 49
Original post by Kat0995
I am starting in September 2015 too!! Does anyone know about applying for the bursary?

Four of us now! How exciting :smile: I applied for my bursary the other day and it was quite easy which makes me think I've done it wrong because everyone I've spoken to said it's a really long process :/
Reply 50
Original post by Jadeber
I'm thinking about going to the University of Northampton to study Adult Nursing, is anyone else? I'm due to start in September 2015!

I am starting in September 2015! for adult nursing, does anyone know about when to apply for the bursary? when the actual start date is and the term times? As I think you have to know this info when you apply for it
Reply 51
Original post by Kat0995
I am starting in September 2015! for adult nursing, does anyone know about when to apply for the bursary? when the actual start date is and the term times? As I think you have to know this info when you apply for it

I've definitely done it wrong then because I didn't do any of this! I know it's 45 weeks long but not sure of actual dates... Has anyone received any info from the uni yet? Kat what is your host site?
Reply 52
Original post by rw1516
Four of us now! How exciting :smile: I applied for my bursary the other day and it was quite easy which makes me think I've done it wrong because everyone I've spoken to said it's a really long process :/

Oooh really! I think I will sit down next week and do it then, are you from Northampton?
Reply 53
Original post by Kat0995
Oooh really! I think I will sit down next week and do it then, are you from Northampton?

I'm from Wellingborough whic is close by. Where abouts are you from?
Reply 54
Original post by rw1516
I've definitely done it wrong then because I didn't do any of this! I know it's 45 weeks long but not sure of actual dates... Has anyone received any info from the uni yet? Kat what is your host site?

Ooooh I am confused now, I might just contact the uni asking them dates etc to be sure, and by host site do you mean where I have chosen for my placements? I have Northampton General Hospital as mine you??
Reply 55
Original post by Kat0995
Ooooh I am confused now, I might just contact the uni asking them dates etc to be sure, and by host site do you mean where I have chosen for my placements? I have Northampton General Hospital as mine you??

Yeah probably best to do that. Let us know what they say :smile: I'm at Kettering general. Where are you from?
Reply 56
Original post by rw1516
Yeah probably best to do that. Let us know what they say :smile: I'm at Kettering general. Where are you from?

I live in Northampton :smile: and yes will let you know what they say.
I got a bit carried away the other day and applied for the maintenance loan lol .. but not touched the bursary yet as i thought you needed specific details from the uni and ive had no paperwork yet :smile:

Im based at MK hospital.

What info have you all been given about the academic time at uni .. in my interview they said there was a bit of e learning, so from home .. what are the days like does anyone know 9 - 5?? xxx
Reply 58
I got a bit carried away the other day and applied for the maintenance loan lol .. but not touched the bursary yet as i thought you needed specific details from the uni and ive had no paperwork yet :smile:

Im based at MK hospital.

What info have you all been given about the academic time at uni .. in my interview they said there was a bit of e learning, so from home .. what are the days like does anyone know 9 - 5?? xxx

So confused about the bursary now! I think the first term is pretty much 9-5. that will be good if some is learning from home :smile:
I started by Bursary app .. but got to the childcare part and I haven't set up definite arrangements for that yet so stopped lol.

Does anyone know the actual start date, is it in October? xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending