The Student Room Group

what should I do?

Sorry if this makes no sense at all but it’s how it is in my mind :p:

Ok, basically, I have been invited out tomorrow night by a friend of mine (who’s a girl) (I'm a boy) and its kind of complicated.
Me and this girl have not really been friends all that long but have gotten quite close. Because of this, a little while ago, several people told my girlfriend that there was something going on between us and how we were all over each other, which is completely untrue. So my girlfriend went abit crazy because of the amount of people telling her this sort of thing. In the end she believed me but still remains wary of my friend and does get prangs of jealousy.
so now I don’t know whether I should go tomorrow night or not, if i do go chances are my girlfriend will most likely get mardy with me or something, and if i don’t go my friend will go mardy :confused:
It seems trivial now I’ve written it but i have no idea what to do or to say to either one of them.
sorry its long, cheers anyway.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I would ask my partner if they minded me gong out, if they said they minded I'd explain that to my friend and stay in.
Reply 2
i agree with the first half but your GF should undrstand you have friends and accept it. She should also trust you a bit more. Why dont you ask if your GF can come too? shel meet your mates your mates will meet her and her mind will be put at rest :smile:
Reply 3
My girlfriend hangs around with a lot of guys, one of whom is her ex but she says nothing's going on - and I trust her. It's not fair of your girlfriend to expect you to stay away from your friends because of a rumour, just sit down and talk about it!
Reply 4
cheers guys, I know its daft and we have talked about this whole thing way too much already, in fact we came extremlly close to splitting up over her not trusting me with my friend (maybe I should have said that before)

Trigger- I can't ask my girlfriend to come out as well as my friend told me she is deliberatly not even mentioning it around anyone that knows my girlfriend because she doesn't want her there.

squigaletta- My girlfriend won't be happy about it, the two practically hate each other.
Reply 5
^exactly. but why doesn't your girlsfriend hang with your friends too?
Reply 6
who's that aimed at? :p:
Reply 7
Anonymous
cheers guys, I know its daft and we have talked about this whole thing way too much already, in fact we came extremlly close to splitting up over her not trusting me with my friend (maybe I should have said that before)

Trigger- I can't ask my girlfriend to come out as well as my friend told me she is deliberatly not even mentioning it around anyone that knows my girlfriend because she doesn't want her there.

squigaletta- My girlfriend won't be happy about it, the two practically hate each other.
who do you value more your gf or mate? looks like your going to have a difficult life.
Reply 8
Last time I went out with a guy my bf hated, I made a compromise and said "why don't you come too?". Because my friend thinks my bf likes him. Halfway through the night night my bf touches him witha fag on his back. As a consequence, I couldn't invite my friend to my birthday thing, now he doesn't like me because of my bf :frown: I hate my bf sometimes.

So in short, my advice would be to ask your gf, and if she says no then deffo leave it, if she says yeah then cool, but be wary.
Reply 9
Trigger
who do you value more your gf or mate? looks like your going to have a difficult life.

my girlfriend, but I'm just trying to keep the peace and keep both of them happy with me. What's the last part supposed to mean?
Reply 10
well they hate each other. You like them both. Youre never going to win. Im suprised you said gf to be honest. Mates before dates and all that. if you value your gf more why dont you drop your mate. Make your gf happy?
I think you should reason with your gf, try n make her see it from your point of view. but after what shes been told i can understand her feeling scared about it, so I would respect herwishes if she really wouldn't back down on it.
Reply 12
Trigger
well they hate each other. You like them both. Youre never going to win. Im suprised you said gf to be honest. Mates before dates and all that. if you value your gf more why dont you drop your mate. Make your gf happy?

yes very true but in this case I've been with my girlfriend alot longer than have been close to my friend. I don't really want to just drop my mate because I like having her as a friend it's just hard with my girlfriend. At the minute they're both happy, it's a stay out of my way I'll stay out of yours type thing, but it get the feeling this would change. how crap is that.

person 34- sorry to hear you're in a crappy situation too maybe its quite common. chances are she'll say no. i guess now I need a way to tell my friend without being off with me and bein worse with my girlfriend.

oh and Tag if that was aimed at me she used to until everyone ****ed off to uni :frown:
Reply 13
Take your gf with you. Let them make friends and that way, she won't get jealous cus she'll trust the girl. Sometimes it's not you she doesn't trust - it could be the girl she doesn't trust.
Reply 14
irisng
Take your gf with you. Let them make friends and that way, she won't get jealous cus she'll trust the girl. Sometimes it's not you she doesn't trust - it could be the girl she doesn't trust.

yea I think you're right, my girlfriend says she does trust me. But as i said before there is no way that she can come. I can't really be doing with it all again you know.

Thanks guys, looks like i need a way of getting out of going. Any ideas on that front?
Reply 15
sickness nothing too specific a few fake coughs thatl do it
I'd be honest with your friend, but in a way so that your not making a team against your girlfriend, but just so she understands where your loyaties lie and what can and can't happen kinda thing. Hopefully she will understand
Reply 17
squigaletta
I'd be honest with your friend, but in a way so that your not making a team against your girlfriend, but just so she understands where your loyaties lie and what can and can't happen kinda thing. Hopefully she will understand

I doubt very much that she will :frown: Why are women so fickle, I don't want to do anything that will breach the peace at the moment so unfortunatly I need a convincing excuse.
Those people starting the rumours are probably just jealous because they don't have what you have.
Reply 19
people always like to start off rumours like that just for a joke, if your serious and youve got good trust with your gf then it shouldnt be a problem

Latest

Trending

Trending