The Student Room Group

RAF life and weight gainer

Hi guys/galls. I am 17 yr old male wanting to join the RAF once I finish college. My main issue other than the fitness tests) is my weight, I am to light for the RAF, has anyone else had this issue before and how did you get around it. Any sort of workout guide would be very appreciated... Thanks :smile:
Reply 1
Is your BMI within the required RAF range? I was just within it but I now undergo a new eating plan and workout schedule, had my own personal trainer too. If you want to bulk there is plenty of information out there but apparently you need to eat around 3000 calories a day to gain one pound a week. Easy way to hit this target is whole milk with pure mass gainers, calorie dense foods and small meals like couscous, tuna, nuts etc. I also go to the gym 4-5 days a week, with two upper and two lower workouts, plus running each day.
Reply 2
The RAF don't count BMI so don't worry about your weight, otherwise I would of been to heavy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Hello Mezziman,

I was underweight for pilot when I joined the RAF. My doctor's notes just said that they were sure that I'd have put a few pounds on by the time I was anywhere near an ejector seat! They were absolutely correct - as I gained almost a stone during IOT.

At 17, I wouldn't worry about your weight, so long as you are fit and healthy.

A

Quick Reply

Latest