The Student Room Group

which one is best for IB

Hey guys,

It has now been for more than 3 years that I'm determined to follow a university course related to economics, in order to brake into IB later.

I already got an offer from Warwick Accounting&Finance, and I'm looking forward to studying there. However, it isn't yet my firm choice, cause my final decision will depend on whether I get offers from other universities or not.

I'm still waiting for an answer from UCL Economics, LSE Management and KCL Management. I know that compared to the others of my list, KCL sounds like a third-tier choice (and I'm not underestimating any university, don't get me wrong!).

So basically my question is, if I had an offer from LSE Management and UCL Economics, which one would suit better for IB ? I heard that UCL Econ has a strong influence in the banking market, but I also know that LSE's name is strong enough to have the biggest influence.

I know LSE Econ > UCL Econ, but we here have a LSE Management vs UCL Econ. I love both courses, and both courses have equally exciting content for me, so my choice would only depend on which is more known in the banking world.

Your comments are important to me, so please give relevant arguments instead of a simple "ucl" or "lse".

Thanks a lot!
Reply 1
Any answers guys? :smile: :bump:
1. UCL Economics - just been recognised as one of the best and it is in London.
2. Warwick A&F - because it is Warwick and it's A&F
3. LSE Management - because it is LSE but Management is less financial than Economics or A&F.
4. KCL Management - only because KCL is well known, although not for management.

But, if you really like Management, then LSE Management is good preparation for the business world, do bear in mind it is not a walk-in-the-park course.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending