The Student Room Group
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website

The Castings

Can anyone currently living there give opinions on The Castings?
I've also just put down my deposit so was wondering if anyone else has booked their accommodation yet? :beer:

Let's go ahead and make this the official 2015/16 Castings thread
(edited 9 years ago)
Hey,
I'm currently looking at the Castings for accommodation next year. Do you know how much the deposit was? And did you go for a viewing?😄
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website
Reply 2
I believe the deposit was in the region of £100-200, I haven't had a viewing but I did view Snow Island and it seems very similar to that but The Castings only opened September 2014 which persuaded me to book there because everything will hopefully be newer and nice :grin: But on their website they do have a very large gallery and a 360 camera of a typical bedroom and en suite and the games room etc

Edit: I also went for a viewing at Storthes and wouldn't recommend it, it was nice enough but doing that journey twice a day would get very tedious, and Castings is literally a 2 minute walk to the Uni, if that
(edited 9 years ago)
Thank you for the information😃. I've just had a look at the accommodation online, and I think Castings is my preferable choice. I have heard that Storthes Hall and Ashenhurst aren't that great👎.
Reply 4
No worries! Yeah Snow Island would be my second choice but Castings just looks nicer for a slight bit more money, I think Ashenhurt is mainly for 2nd years so it's quiet and Storthes is first years but it's just too far away
Original post by EdwardLees
No worries! Yeah Snow Island would be my second choice but Castings just looks nicer for a slight bit more money, I think Ashenhurt is mainly for 2nd years so it's quiet and Storthes is first years but it's just too far away

Same here. What course did you apply for?😃
Reply 6
Chemistry, you?
Primary Education
Reply 8
I'm in Block A flat 2!
Hi, is anyone starting at Huddersfield in September and thinking of staying in halls. Im starting midwifery and me and someone else are looking to get a flat of student nurses/midwives together for ease on placements. We are going to stay in the castings. let me know if you are interested :smile: xxx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending