The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by e aí rapaz
Have you lot heard Bellerin speak recently? He pretty much sounds like he is from London now, I'm pretty impressed given he's only been here what, 4 years? Three and a half I think.

Isn't his mother English though? Heard he's spoken the language since ever.
Original post by Viridiana
Isn't his mother English though? Heard he's spoken the language since ever.

No that's jon toral
Original post by e aí rapaz
No that's jon toral

Ah thanks, got them Spaniards confused.

What a bellend.
Hahaha^
When people can only hate a player for what he's doing off the pitch, you know he's doing something good on it... :rolleyes:

He does sort of look like a **** though...
His nose is too big for his face.
I'm sure he'll be crying himself to sleep over it on his bed of money.
Bellerin fits the Arsenal aesthetic, Gabriel looks like a goblin who stole an Arsenal kit and hasn't been caught yet.

He has some cockney traits, but still has an obviously identifiable Spanish accent.
Original post by Arkasia
Bellerin fits the Arsenal aesthetic, Gabriel looks like a goblin who stole an Arsenal kit and hasn't been caught yet.

He has some cockney traits, but still has an obviously identifiable Spanish accent.

Kinda like Wojiech.
obviously I wasn't saying he sounds fully English. But for a kid who's been here for three and a half years his pronunciation is very very good.
it was that good about a year ago too from interviews i heard him in, but yeah that cockney twinge has crept in fast and hes learnt quick.
Original post by angelfox
Kinda like Wojiech.

Wojiech belongs in the backroom of a chip shop, heating up curry sauce in a microwave.
Reply 3133
Going back to what we were speaking about yesterday, Jack really doesn't get enough credit. His role in the team means that he doesn't get all the glorious stats but he's heavily involved in the defence to attack transition. He really drives the team on and most of his play is direct. You'll see him turn towards goal when his team mates are passing sidewards. It's because of his direct play that he picks up a lot of injuries tbh. He runs at the defence and slips past them, inviting a challenge - more so a foul.

Shame his ankles are so weak :frown:

http://youtu.be/svBG8kd3p04
He should adapt his play then to become more efficient on the ball and utilise his chances.

He's not clinical enough when he does get into good positions and his passing is ok but nothing special for a central midfielder. He needs to look at Modric and model his game on the guy. Similar stature yet one is much more effective than the other.

That being said, I'll take an injury free Jack Wilshere and start him at Chelsea. You don't know who you've got in your team.
Right guys, nice to be back here after my time in the Band Camp.

Anyway, Monaco was an absolute shambles. Shambles. Mertesacker is a solid bench player now, nowhere else for him but the bench. Use him like they did at the WC, closing out games and sitting deep.

He's cost us in big games. That duck against Liverpool, the Monaco **** up. He is a liability these days.
(edited 9 years ago)
hard to really see any upsets tonight..

Hope newcastle can suprise me though... or that liverpool can have one of those brain farts they used to have occasionally and go and throw a very winable game.
Both games start at the same time, the pressure is on.
This should surprise a lot of people, but we've only won once at loftus road in the last 24 years in the league :biggrin:
Original post by AliRizzo
This should surprise a lot of people, but we've only won once at loftus road in the last 24 years in the league :biggrin:

Long may it continue :tongue:

Latest