The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by swirly
ospina

Thanks, saw Scezsney played in the cup so was wondering.

Is Ospina cemented for the future do you think?
Reply 621
Is Tiote worth the 12m they were asking for?
Original post by Gob Bluth
Thanks, saw Scezsney played in the cup so was wondering.

Is Ospina cemented for the future do you think?

yeah until proven he's not good enough. 0 goals conceded but hasnt really had any tests yet, but chesney just keeps royally ****ing up.

arsenal tend to play their second choice keeper in cup games.

Original post by al_94
Is Tiote worth the 12m they were asking for?

tiote is flamini level player (78 rated on fifa for what its worth); then again 12m is very cheap these days, but he's not the right quality of player tbh
From my Polish perspective, really sad about what Szczesny's been up to, he's such a talented guy and he's wasting it all by acting like a spoiled brat and committing immature decisions :frown: He's still young though so I hope he can get over it. On the other hand De Gea is young too :x
Reply 624
Wenger on Arteta:

Speaking on January 29, ahead of the Aston Villa game, Arsene Wenger said: "He is not completely there yet but he is not far. Mikel should be out a bit longer [than 10 days].

I thought he would be out for longer? Right time for him to come back tbh

Also, it's funny how Theo comes back and the Ox gets injured. It's that substitute injury thing I was talking about earlier.

On Welbeck:

Speaking on January 29, ahead of the Aston Villa game, Arsene Wenger said: "Welbeck is very close. He is really, really, really nearly there. He will be available for the Tottenham game. He will join in full training on Monday."

Our squad looks so much stronger now.

For Sunday, I'm not sure what we'll see :/ I'd assume a 4-1-4-1, Wengers moved away from the 4-2-3-1

Ospina
Chambers Mert Kosc Gibbs
Coq
Theo Ozil Ramsey Cazorla
Giroud

Everyone will have to step up now in that midfield so we should get top performances. Wilshere comes back to training soon too:

Speaking on January 29, ahead of the Aston Villa game, Arsene Wenger said: "He is not completely there yet but he is not far. Jack should join in normal training in 10 days."

Gnabry has already returned to training and will play for U21s before he can be included in the squad again.

The team looks so good going into the second half of the season now
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by shawn_o1
Apparently you don't understand the difference between "I want a good player at my club" and "It would be nice to have a good player at my club".

You know he's trolling right.
[video="youtube;wr3KS1UWIRU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wr3KS1UWIRU[/video]

Oh my days, what on earth did I just watch!?
Original post by SA-1
Wenger on Arteta:

Speaking on January 29, ahead of the Aston Villa game, Arsene Wenger said: "He is not completely there yet but he is not far. Mikel should be out a bit longer [than 10 days].

I thought he would be out for longer? Right time for him to come back tbh

Also, it's funny how Theo comes back and the Ox gets injured. It's that substitute injury thing I was talking about earlier.

On Welbeck:

Speaking on January 29, ahead of the Aston Villa game, Arsene Wenger said: "Welbeck is very close. He is really, really, really nearly there. He will be available for the Tottenham game. He will join in full training on Monday."

Our squad looks so much stronger now.

For Sunday, I'm not sure what we'll see :/ I'd assume a 4-1-4-1, Wengers moved away from the 4-2-3-1

Ospina
Chambers Mert Kosc Gibbs
Coq
Theo Ozil Ramsey Cazorla
Giroud

Everyone will have to step up now in that midfield so we should get top performances. Wilshere comes back to training soon too:

Speaking on January 29, ahead of the Aston Villa game, Arsene Wenger said: "He is not completely there yet but he is not far. Jack should join in normal training in 10 days."

Gnabry has already returned to training and will play for U21s before he can be included in the squad again.

The team looks so good going into the second half of the season now

No way is Wenger playing Cazorla on the wing.
Sanchez out :cool:

Can't wait for Sunday. Great record at the Emirates in recent years no reason why we can't win.
Reply 629
Original post by Stalin
No way is Wenger playing Cazorla on the wing.

It's either him or Ozil..
Original post by SA-1
It's either him or Ozil..

Cazorla > Ozil right now.

Also, the Cazorla/Ozil duo in the middle of the park is weaksauce and will be brushed aside by any semi-decent midfield. We need either Ramsey or Rosicky beside one of them to add a little more physicality/tackles in order to take the pressure off Coq until a) he becomes our #1 CDM b) we sign a beast in the summer.
Original post by midnightice
[video="youtube;wr3KS1UWIRU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wr3KS1UWIRU[/video]

Now I see why ozils got such good vision, look at his left eye #lazyeye?
Original post by Wilfred Little
Sanchez out :cool:

Can't wait for Sunday. Great record at the Emirates in recent years no reason why we can't win.

You've won 3 of the last 8 meetings at the Emirates, better record than I thought!
Alexis has scored more goals than Villa's entire team, shocking stat
Original post by Pete_91
You've won 3 of the last 8 meetings at the Emirates, better record than I thought!

Yeah we've done well, few draws I think too. Last year when we lost 2-1 it was a late goal that won it for you.

Tbh we probably will lose but **** it, backing my team.
Original post by Wilfred Little
Yeah we've done well, few draws I think too. Last year when we lost 2-1 it was a late goal that won it for you.

Tbh we probably will lose but **** it, backing my team.

You beat us last year 1-3.
Original post by Pete_91
You beat us last year 1-3.

ffs how did I forget that :biggrin:

The year before we lost 2-1. I was thinking of that.
Original post by midnightice

In all seriousness, I ****ing love this guy. Go on my son, you prove those haters wrong.
Ozil sounds like he's gone through depression because he's been so **** the previous calendar year. Aww so sweet.
Ozil. What a fine human being. Could never hate this guy.

Latest