The Student Room Group

Harris Westminster Entrance Exam

I can't believe they were so hard. I'm an A* student in almost all my subjects and I'm pretty sure I failed every test,including my strongest subject.

The Maths questions I barely completed. Some questions I barely wrote anything on the page.

A bit of a pointless post, but i need to vent.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi, I feel the exact same and i'm in a similar position to you - the RE paper and the economics paper were ridiculous!
what were the question
I know, I did Maths, Economics, Politics and History. It was crazy. I could barely understand the graph in Economics and wasn't the slightest bit ready for the essay question. How has Economics helped the world?
Reply 4
The graphs were so confusing, how do i know what MDC or MBC are, or whatever they were.
I wrote about the middle east and stabilising governments - utter rubbish basically.

art for me, they only looked at one piece -_-
Reply 5
OMFG. YES. THEY WERE RIDICULOUSLY HARD! I did maths, chemistry, bio and physics. They all killed me. I had multiple emotional breakdowns in there, baha. :colondollar:
Reply 6
Original post by nom_ninja
OMFG. YES. THEY WERE RIDICULOUSLY HARD! I did maths, chemistry, bio and physics. They all killed me. I had multiple emotional breakdowns in there, baha. :colondollar:

Same. I was stressing out on all the papers. On the site the practice questions looked pretty easy but on the paper the questions were so damn hard.
Original post by sakshres
Same. I was stressing out on all the papers. On the site the practice questions looked pretty easy but on the paper the questions were so damn hard.

Agreed, that what was so off putting the fact that the practice exam questions were pretty easy, so you just assumed you were going to be okay.

I really liked that school as well.
Reply 8
Has anyone received an offer?
Reply 9
Original post by Intergirl
Has anyone received an offer?

Mhmm. I have :smile:
Yh. I've received a place. I'm super happy and excited.
Does anyone else know if you can alter the six day week? I wouldn't be able to go in on saturday :/ Has anyone else got the same problem?
Reply 12
Original post by Soya.queen
Does anyone else know if you can alter the six day week? I wouldn't be able to go in on saturday :/ Has anyone else got the same problem?

Unfortunately you will have to attend school on a Saturday. If it is any consolation, we do get exeats when we don't have to attend school on a Saturday and Saturday school finishes at 1 O'Clock. We also have an extra week added to most holidays. If you can't make Saturday school then I would recommend contacting the school to check if any arrangement can be made.
Reply 13
Original post by nom_ninja
Mhmm. I have :smile:

Hey weird question what did you score overall ?
Reply 14
Original post by bobsta
Unfortunately you will have to attend school on a Saturday. If it is any consolation, we do get exeats when we don't have to attend school on a Saturday and Saturday school finishes at 1 O'Clock. We also have an extra week added to most holidays. If you can't make Saturday school then I would recommend contacting the school to check if any arrangement can be made.

How are you finding harris ? Do you know what you're predicted for as a2s ?
Hi, I'm applying for Harris W this year, and I wanted to know how the politics exam was? :smile:

Original post by Braidednightmare
I know, I did Maths, Economics, Politics and History. It was crazy. I could barely understand the graph in Economics and wasn't the slightest bit ready for the essay question. How has Economics helped the world?
i know this reply is like a year late... but i was just wondering, did any of you guys that took the economics entrance exam study it as GCSE? because i've chosen it as one of my entrance exam subjects this year and am slightly worried about if it's going to be aimed at people who already do it (which i don't).
Thanks!
I'm about to do my entrance exams for physics and further maths soon- anyone who did those, how was it? was it hard? was it similar to the example paper? pls get back to me ASAP, thank you)
Me too but maths instead of further maths but I’m really worried because my school hasn’t finished most of the physics content. We have only just started paper 2 topics .
Original post by Danicalin30
Me too but maths instead of further maths but I’m really worried because my school hasn’t finished most of the physics content. We have only just started paper 2 topics .

same I'm going to do maths and physics too but I haven't even finished the physics content! Yh I don't know what I'm going to do about that... How are you planning on doing those? Are you just going try and self teach yourself? I'm just feeling a little stressed about that! but good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending