The Student Room Group

Piercing pain? Nipple, nose, and ear piercings! Help!

*I am so sorry if this doesn't belong here*

The title says it all really. I'm now 18 and I'm feeling that I should get something else pierced. I already have my plain old ears pierced, however they were done 10 years ago so I don't remember the pain. I have had my ears stretched and that pain was a bitch, but I'm wondering if piercings are as bad as stretching?

I want to get maybe higher up my ears done, maybe the top of my ear as well.
I wanted to get a little nose stud, my cousin said it hurt but it mostly just made her eyes water.
The nipples. I've wanted them done ever since I found out they can be pierced.

Has anyone had any of those pierced (or any other piercings!) that can give me some sort of advising on the pain. I don't mind injections at all and had them in my arm and butt.
Any advice would be fine!
I have had many piercings and to be honest none of them are that bad. It's all over so fast that there's not really enough time to think about the pain. The worst I've had was probably my rook as it's awkward to get the jewellery in. Nipples weren't too painful, it's just a little embarrassing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by myblueheaven339
I have had many piercings and to be honest none of them are that bad. It's all over so fast that there's not really enough time to think about the pain. The worst I've had was probably my rook as it's awkward to get the jewellery in. Nipples weren't too painful, it's just a little embarrassing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you had any stretchings/gauges? Just wanna have something to compare the pain to, any injections?? Yeah people online said they were more shocked about having to show someone their nipples than the actual piercing process haha
Reply 3
If stretching hurts you're doing it wrong.

So yes, piercings hurt compared to stretching - because piercings hurt slightly and stretching doesn't hurt at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by idontevenbeth
Have you had any stretchings/gauges? Just wanna have something to compare the pain to, any injections?? Yeah people online said they were more shocked about having to show someone their nipples than the actual piercing process haha

I've never stretched anything. Piercings are nothing like injections so it's hardly worth comparing. The actual piercing is quite an intense hot pain, but once the jewellery is in its more of a dull throb kind of pain.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Personally I think it's the placement and inserting of jewellery that hurts more than the initial piercing. I've had my Cartilage pierced, tragus, scaffold, belly and nose. My nose hurt the most out of all of them, it was like a huge stab in my nose, and there was pop... Sorry if that scares, but it healed really nice and I would go through it again. I want my lip, tongue and nipples done next! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest