The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Original post by its_EmerMc
Yeah I am!!! Great coincidence!:biggrin: You excited? :smile: Where you travelling from?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh gosh! I feel such an idiot - i wasn't notified that you'd posted this so it must look like I'm just ignoring you on the rest of the thread! SOO sorry!!
I'm really excited, i live in a housing estate very close to stockton so not far! What about you, where are you coming from?
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by emilykatet
Oh gosh! I feel such an idiot - i wasn't notified that you'd posted this so it must look like I'm just ignoring you on the rest of the thread! SOO sorry!!
I'm really excited, i live in a housing estate very close to stockton so not far! What about you, where are you coming from?

Hahaaha it's okay!!! Don't worry - I've only just gotten into TSR and i don't really know what I'm doing haha!! I'm excited too!! Can't believe it's actually happening! Woah that is pretty close! Sounds nice! I'm coming all away from Essex in a village outside Bishops Stortford (which probably means nothing to you hahaa!) What do you do for accommodation then? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by its_EmerMc
Hahaaha it's okay!!! Don't worry - I've only just gotten into TSR and i don't really know what I'm doing haha!! I'm excited too!! Can't believe it's actually happening! Woah that is pretty close! Sounds nice! I'm coming all away from Essex in a village outside Bishops Stortford (which probably means nothing to you hahaa!) What do you do for accommodation then? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh wow! That's a long way!! Are you looking forward to moving? Have you been to the area before?? For accommodation I'll just live at home and get the train in!
Original post by bowtiesandcoffee
Thank you! I'm not sure yet! I'm interested in Stirling and I have an offer. But I think I would really like to go to Edinburgh (haven't heard anything yet!) it's so difficult to pick!! Good luck for your interview! I'm sure you'll be great. xx

Hey, did you ever decide between Stirling and Durham? I'm in the same position, I have offers from both but I can't decide which one to pick!
Original post by JJLLAA
Anyone doing primary teaching and got into John Snow? Just got confirmation today!

Hey, I'm in John Snow too! I don't know if I'm definitely gonna go to Durham yet though
Reply 45
Reply 46
Original post by mrsnerimon
Hey, I'm in John Snow too! I don't know if I'm definitely gonna go to Durham yet though

Hi, sorry for the late reply! Are you studying Primary Education too?
https://www.facebook.com/groups/825284850875612/

i made a Facebook group for Durham primary ed so we can make some friends before October!
Original post by JJLLAA
Hi, sorry for the late reply! Are you studying Primary Education too?

Yeah I am :smile: Are you gonna stay at the college or in Mezzino?
Hi guys! I've got an offer from Durham too!!!
Im going to live from home as I only live around 20 minutes away!
Do you know if theres any exams on this course and if so what are they like?! x
Reply 50
Original post by Hannahmay01
I'm in my first year of primary education at Durham, if you have any questions feel free to ask :smile:

Hi! How are you finding the course? Is your timetable ok, I've got a young daughter so am trying to make sure it will be manageable.
hope your enjoying it x
Original post by Jedr87
Hi! How are you finding the course? Is your timetable ok, I've got a young daughter so am trying to make sure it will be manageable.
hope your enjoying it x

I love the course!
I'm not going to lie the timetable is pretty full on! This year I have had 5 hours of lectures on a Monday, four hours on a Tuesday, two hours on a Wednesday, we are in a primary school all day on a Thursday and three hours on a Friday.
We learn so much on the course though and we get our money out of our fees!
At the moment we are doing exams which have been really hard! The science exam yesterday was 3 hours long! :frown:
Original post by ashleyvbell
Hi guys! I've got an offer from Durham too!!!
Im going to live from home as I only live around 20 minutes away!
Do you know if theres any exams on this course and if so what are they like?! x

Unfortunately there are quite a lot of exams on the course. I have had 4 this week. The maths was subject knowledge, misconceptions and essays and 2 hours long, the science is essay based and subject knowledge and is 3 hours long, I have a humanities exam of 5 essay questions in 2 hours. Finally we have English of grammar and essays for 2 hours. They are very difficult but don't let them put you off you get a lot of support and the course is great.
Reply 53
Original post by Hannahmay01
I love the course!
I'm not going to lie the timetable is pretty full on! This year I have had 5 hours of lectures on a Monday, four hours on a Tuesday, two hours on a Wednesday, we are in a primary school all day on a Thursday and three hours on a Friday.
We learn so much on the course though and we get our money out of our fees!
At the moment we are doing exams which have been really hard! The science exam yesterday was 3 hours long! :frown:

Wow a 3 hour long exam that's sounds scary!
The timetable is busy but think that's what I thought it would be. Thank you for telling me it's put my mind at ease.
Glad your still loving it even with all the exams :h:
Original post by Jedr87
Wow a 3 hour long exam that's sounds scary!
The timetable is busy but think that's what I thought it would be. Thank you for telling me it's put my mind at ease.
Glad your still loving it even with all the exams :h:

Don't worry three hours goes pretty quickly when you're in an exam!
Hi girls/guys, I have just passed my first year at durham for primary ed and going into second year in October. If there is anything that you want to know just ask I will try and answer any questions as I know how nerve racking it was when I first started.
x
Reply 56
Original post by Sarahstone89
Hi girls/guys, I have just passed my first year at durham for primary ed and going into second year in October. If there is anything that you want to know just ask I will try and answer any questions as I know how nerve racking it was when I first started.
x

Well done! X:clap2:
Hi,

Congratulations on passing your first year Sarahstone I have an offer from Durham to do Primary Education. All conditions are met just waiting on one more GCSE certificate for my firm offer! How did you find your first year? Is placement each week throughout the course or just in block placements? Good luck in your second year x

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Crystaal11
Hi,

Congratulations on passing your first year Sarahstone I have an offer from Durham to do Primary Education. All conditions are met just waiting on one more GCSE certificate for my firm offer! How did you find your first year? Is placement each week throughout the course or just in block placements? Good luck in your second year x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi oh well done!! Bet your so pleased with that!!
Placement is every Thursday and the uni allocate you a school that is within an hours drive from you, but everyone has been lucky my placement was 5 minutes from my house.
Then in June you do a 4 week block placement in the same school where you teach 10 English lessons, 10 maths and 2 science.
X
I found first year to be better then I expected tbh, the tutors are very supportive and offer help if you ask.
You get quite s lot of 1-3 hour gaps between lectures so plenty of time to do work or activities. X

Latest