The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

The environment should be at least as important as the economy.

Don't know how controversial that is in terms of wider public opinion. But the political establishment doesn't take environmental protection very seriously when there is money to be made from damaging activities, and there is no sign of that changing.
The way I can see into my neighbour's garden from my bedroom window.
Reply 3
Original post by TheTruthTeller
Hey guys,

As the title says, what is the view you hold deemed most "controversial" in this society we live in today in Britain?

Homosexuality....is wrong....

lol..asking for trouble, eh?
^^Environment stuff is bull**** now, damage is done and will never be fully reversed

I have many views which are unpopular because I'm a traditional man.
Original post by TheTruthTeller
Hey guys,

As the title says, what is the view you hold deemed most "controversial" in this society we live in today in Britain?

Education should be better and exams should be harder.
Higher education should be free
Probably my views on animal rights, and that people should have a better understanding of where their food comes from. Other than that I'm pretty laid back about possible topics of debate. :tongue:
Original post by lostwanderer

Most people think that. It's not controversial at all.
Original post by bittr n swt
^^Environment stuff is bull**** now, damage is done and will never be fully reversed

I have many views which are unpopular because I'm a traditional man.

Like what?
The risks of smoking are overhyped as a result of doctors making c.£88m annually as a result of promoting anti-smoking, newspapers scaremongering to sell themselves and politicians not wanting to resist popular opinion when it isn't necessary.

Higher education will never be free as someone has to pay for it. It makes perfect sense that the people who are receiving it should be the ones to do so.
Original post by Birkenhead
The risks of smoking are overhyped as a result of doctors making c.£88m annually as a result of promoting anti-smoking, newspapers scaremongering to sell themselves and politicians not wanting to resist popular opinion when it isn't necessary.

Totally crazy. I mean totally.
Homosexuality is pathological

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by queen-bee
Like what?

Rather not say as I'll get in trouble knowing the mods.
Original post by Adipoptosis
Totally crazy. I mean totally.

A valuable contribution to the discussion. Thanks.

People who go on to higher education generally earn more. Given that, why shouldn't they pay for their education?
I'm empathetic towards most things, but I can't stand fat people complaining about being fat. I view being fat as a lack of self control. You need to be able to manage your impulses, if not then you should at least take responsibility for them. Instead of looking for excuses.

That obese American actor, I think she was in Precious, goes on all the time about being happy with herself and her weight. That's perfectly fine, for her. If she's happy, then good. She shouldn't be shown as an example of self-acceptance though. Being that way isn't good, most people couldn't do that mentally.

Being obese isn't fine. It's a physiological and mental red flag.

(I'm on about being obese, not just overweight)
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Asklepios
Homosexuality is pathological

Posted from TSR Mobile

What do you base that view on?
Original post by Birkenhead
A valuable contribution to the discussion. Thanks.

The risks of smoking have been demonstrated time and time again in scientific literature. Its beyond reasonable doubt just how harmful smoking can be.

You're basically shooting the messenger.

Latest