The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Still no reply... rejection maybe?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by hajs
mmm same here, just an acknowledgement letter. Kinda daunting. Hope we get something soon. what are your predicted??

I'm second year biochem, and I'm pretty sure they never even sent a letter of acknowledgement the year I applied :P Don't think too much about it, and best of luck :smile:
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by kanra
I'm second year biochem, and I'm pretty sure they never even sent a letter of acknowledgement the year I applied :P Don't think too much about it, and best of luck :smile:

did you have any interviews for biochem and how's the course going?
Reply 22
Original post by selenerrr__x
did you have any interviews for biochem and how's the course going?

Nope. As far as I know, Imperial don't generally interview for biology and biochemistry.

The course isn't too bad. First and second year tend to be a bit "meh" because they teach you a little bit about everything, and there are always going to be bits you like and bits you couldn't care less about. In first year, for example, you have two lectures on cancer which 90% of people love. And then you have the physical chemistry bit which 90% of people can't stand. The year people apparently enjoy most is third year because we get to pick modules.

In terms of timetabling, we have it a lot better than most subjects. No more than 2 lectures a day in first year, plus a few tutorials/labs/problem classes (compared to engineering who are in 9-5 literally every day).
I have applied for biology also and still no response..anybody who has received an offer?
(edited 9 years ago)
I have also applied for biology and still no response

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hajs
Hi,
I still haven't received a reply from Imperial. I sent my application on 23/10/14 so is it normal? Or am i soon due a rejection?
What were your experiences??

Thank you
ps. im applying for biology, so not so competitive..

I applied the 14/10/14 and I just got my offer for biochem today, so don't worry :smile:
Congrats on your offer :smile:
AAA I guess?
yeah i still havent heard from imperial for maths and computer science :frown: i applied at October the 10th maybe? so sed :'(
Original post by lillybuhl
I applied the 14/10/14 and I just got my offer for biochem today, so don't worry :smile:

Can I ask what your GCSEs are and AS/predicted A2s?
Reply 29
Original post by TheObnoxiousFrog
yeah i still havent heard from imperial for maths and computer science :frown: i applied at October the 10th maybe? so sed :'(

Maths don't tend to send their offers out until quite late into the year.
Don't worry about that , my sis and I applied for civil engineering at the same time since the week before in Southampton & Bradford universities , she got an offer from bradford and was rejected by Southampton and I am still waiting:smile:! #No_panic :smile: calm down and wish to you best of luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 31
Original post by hajs
Hi,
I still haven't received a reply from Imperial. I sent my application on 23/10/14 so is it normal? Or am i soon due a rejection?

Thank you

I was thinking the exact same thing. I applied in late september I think and just got an offer yesterday so I wouldn't worry :smile:
Imperial undergrad (physics) here: Applied before the UCAS early-application deadline (Oct? Nov?) and my interview was in Feb - don't assume that you've been rejected simply because you haven't heard back yet.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 33
Original post by Mohamedakl97
Don't worry about that , my sis and I applied for civil engineering at the same time since the week before in Southampton & Bradford universities , she got an offer from bradford and was rejected by Southampton and I am still waiting:smile:! #No_panic :smile: calm down and wish to you best of luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you!! best of luck to you too. Fingers crossed

Original post by lizzyav
I was thinking the exact same thing. I applied in late september I think and just got an offer yesterday so I wouldn't worry :smile:

Ooooh! congrats!!! well done. what were your predicted, and AS grades???
Reply 34
Original post by hajs

Ooooh! congrats!!! well done. what were your predicted, and AS grades???

I actually applied to do biomedical science which I realise is different but I think imperial in general seem to be very slow at making offers... I got AAAB at AS and I'm predicted AAA. The B was in psychology which I dropped. What are yours? Or did you say and I missed it?
Reply 35
Original post by Jgco2chem
I haven't heard back from them & Bath for Chemical engineering

same here :frown:
Reply 36
Original post by Jgco2chem
I haven't heard back from them & Bath for Chemical engineering

SAME :frown:
I've applied for Biochemistry at Imperial in early November and still haven't heard back yet! Trying not to get my heart set on it - but apparently no news is good news. At least I haven't been rejected. Ah well, will see how it all goes! Congrats to those with an offer :smile:!
Original post by hajs
Hi,

Thank you

hey don;t worry! i have an offer and they sent it to me late november (for biology)
Original post by catalina.cruanas
Oh lucky! What other offers did you get?
I applied with a predicted IB 39 with 666 HL which I think is the equivalent of AAA as well! The only offer I received is from York, conditional for 35!
xx

good luck!!!! i am sure you will be fine :smile:

Quick Reply