The Student Room Group

I think I have a problem...

So not long ago I posted a thread about how I thought this guy I didn't know too well had invited me out for drinks and me not really wanting to. Well as of late he hasn't asked me again however thats now made me paranoid that he likes me. Understand this isn't me being princessy, this is my mind always thinking the worst, or more specifically the most awkward situation. So in the 4 months we didn't speak (we met in September but conversation soon dwindled) he invited me to a lot of drama society events. I assumed I was part of mass invites as I had joined the drama society and was interested in being a part of it. However since he asked me to drinks I can't help but worry he may want to hang out. The problem is, this really puts me off going because, and I'm just gonna tell the god honest, mean truth, I find him a bit irritating and because I'd go to these events alone (no one I know goes nor will go anyone I do know go with me) he may try and keep me company, which I wouldn't like. It puts me off going which not only means I miss out but makes me feel guilty for being such a bitch. And this the first time I'm doing this; I just often prefer my own company. What the hell do I do here?
Reply 1
Bump
Reply 2
Ermm sorry but you seem like a weirdo and a waste of time he probably realised and doesn't even care if you still exists.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Bump (last time, just for some more helpful advice)
You are overthinking this.

If you did not speak for a four month period then it's fair to assume he got the message.

You have a decision to make:

Is the drama society worth more to you than being irritated occasionally by this guy? You can't stop him from going and there will be all kinds of situations in your life where people will irritate you. Sometimes you've just got to be polite and engage in small talk in order to achieve your main aim - which is the drama society.

If he ask you out for drinks on your own, say thanks but no thanks because you don't think of him in any relationship sense.

It's all about communication and letting the other person know where they stand but doing it in a civil and polite manner.

You need to tell him so that he is not hanging on false hopes. That and for your sake too.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by uberteknik
You are overthinking this.

If you did not speak for a four month period then it's fair to assume he got the message.

You have a decision to make:

Is the drama society worth more to you than being irritated occasionally by this guy? You can't stop him from going and there will be all kinds of situations in your life where people will irritate you. Sometimes you've just got to be polite and engage in small talk in order to achieve your main aim - which is the drama society.

If he ask you out for drinks on your own, say thanks but no thanks because you don't think of him in any relationship sense.

It's all about communication and letting the other person know where they stand but doing it in a civil and polite manner.

You need to tell him so that he is not hanging on false hopes. That and for your sake too.

Thank you; I'd just appreciate the genuine advice as opposed to the other post but I really think this'll help.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending