The Student Room Group

I Like A Muslim Guy, But This Older Woman Is Always Flirting With Him...

So I'm Muslim and like a Muslim guy I met recently. Anyway, I friended him on FB and a non Muslim woman he knows has been making a flirty comment like "Rawrrrr!" or "The things I'd do to you yummy" on half his profile photos. He doesn't flirt back (he's a fairly strict Muslim AFAIK or was at least raised that way, he works for a local mosque) as far as I see but I do wonder if they flirt IRL as well (Muslims don't tend to date non Muslims but he can be really friendly at times).

Anyway, should I tell him I like him? TBH I'm a bit intimidated by her. Some of the comments she has made are just :eek: (and I make offensive jokes all the time even as a muslim girl...) and she's quite attractive (though I am too). Though I'm early 20s and she is 33, and he's younger than her (in his 20s too)

He is really friendly to me but I'm not sure if he likes me in that way or not, or if he has been flirting with her to make her act like that even though she is not Muslim. TBF, he is quite attractive though obviously he does not do stuff like post topless selfie pics on FB.
What is this rubbish?

Tell that woman to back off and to respect his beliefs please

You should also not be his friend or anything

If you really like him, see if you can arrange meetings with the presence of a guardian to see whether he is husband material

Posted from TSR Mobile
If he's going to sow his wild oats, not much you can do about that unfortunately - it's his choice.

However, you could 'engineer' to meet up with him by suggesting you will be in the neighbourhood doing x,y,z and would he like to meet up over a coffee?

You then have him to yourself and can work your magic from there. Swap phone numbers and tell him to call you. If he likes you, he will ask you out.

Don't be shy though, she who hesitates is lost.
Reply 3
Original post by uberteknik
If he's going to sow his wild oats, not much you can do about that unfortunately - it's his choice.

However, you could 'engineer' to meet up with him by suggesting you will be in the neighbourhood doing x,y,z and would he like to meet up over a coffee?

You then have him to yourself and can work your magic from there. Swap phone numbers and tell him to call you. If he likes you, he will ask you out.

Don't be shy though, she who hesitates is lost.

I doubt hes sleeping with her, but even if flirting to encourage that sort of thing Im not sure if it's something I'd want :lol:

Is it OK to chase as a girl?
Original post by Anonymous
I doubt hes sleeping with her, but even if flirting to encourage that sort of thing Im not sure if it's something I'd want :lol:

Is it OK to chase as a girl?
It's not really chasing, think of it as asserting yourself.

Just because you initiated the meet up still leaves it open for you to be in control and decide your own outcome. You don't have to do anything you are not comfortable with - after all, this is testing the water to see if he is interested in you only.

A chance for you to mutually get to know each other. You can make it clear to him how traditional or avant-garde you want and take it from there.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending