The Student Room Group

Messed up nursing interview

I think I messed up my adult nursing interview for swansea, partly because of a hearing condition called King-Kopetzky syndrome where I have trouble processing voices with a lot of background noise. Do you think I should bother contacting them about it?
I am gutted because it was my dream university.
Original post by chumaykay
I think I messed up my adult nursing interview for swansea, partly because of a hearing condition called King-Kopetzky syndrome where I have trouble processing voices with a lot of background noise. Do you think I should bother contacting them about it?

You should let them know about your medical condition. Call them tomorrow. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2

This is a double edge sword, on one hand i understand you should be given consideration , but if you want to be a nurse surely your hearing has to be able to filter out background noise , what would you do in a noisy situation?

I really would not know what to do for the best, you could keep your fingers crossed and hope , but then you risk them saying that if you have that issue we cannot consider you ? good luck :smile: and think positive!
Before you let them know,I would first ring up occupational health and ask if your ok for nursing. I'm partially deaf in my right ear and I checked with them before I started applying for universities., just incase. I was just about ok after numerous meetings, I hope you are to.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Chumaykay, if it's something which you think may have affected your interview then you should let the college know. They should be able to provide you with some feedback as well. I hope this helps!
Reply 5

How did you get on in the end with your dilemma ? I am sure you will be fine!:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending