The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

What is needed for admission to KCL?

I am currently in year 11 and am thinking about applying to KCL. It seems like the perfect university with it being in the centre of London.
I was wondering if anyone could help me know what it is I should think about getting involved in before applying, is there anything that they like to see?
Also I was wondering how much of a role GCSE's play, I am predicted all A's and A*'s with a couple of B's.
If anyone has gotten into KCL, it would be extremely helpful in hearing how their application process went and how the entire thing works based on the credentials they had.
Reply 1
Original post by guledgwan
I am currently in year 11 and am thinking about applying to KCL. It seems like the perfect university with it being in the centre of London.
I was wondering if anyone could help me know what it is I should think about getting involved in before applying, is there anything that they like to see?
Also I was wondering how much of a role GCSE's play, I am predicted all A's and A*'s with a couple of B's.
If anyone has gotten into KCL, it would be extremely helpful in hearing how their application process went and how the entire thing works based on the credentials they had.

Hi there,

Each programme has its own requirements. If you have particular programme in your mind, you can check the website using this link: http://www.kcl.ac.uk/prospectus/undergraduate/search/browse/bysubject

When you choose your programme, you will see the specific requirements such as GCSE.

If you want to get more information about your programme and King's in general, you are welcome to the King's Open Days as well. For more information: http://www.kcl.ac.uk/lsm/study/open/index.aspx

If you need more information, let me know,

Good luck!

Gulsah
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
hey! my GCSE grades were pretty average (mostly Bs and Cs) because i wasn't really into education at that point in my life. even my first year AS grades weren't very good, but i managed to work my way up with an AAA offer for king's. obviously the course you're hoping to take has an impact, but for me my previous academic achievements obviously weren't a massive issue. i think uni's are also very interested in people who express enthusiasm/interest in the subject they're applying for. but, again, it depends on your course - some have particular GCSE requirements, usually for maths and english.
Reply 3
Original post by lydiavw
hey! my GCSE grades were pretty average (mostly Bs and Cs) because i wasn't really into education at that point in my life. even my first year AS grades weren't very good, but i managed to work my way up with an AAA offer for king's. obviously the course you're hoping to take has an impact, but for me my previous academic achievements obviously weren't a massive issue. i think uni's are also very interested in people who express enthusiasm/interest in the subject they're applying for. but, again, it depends on your course - some have particular GCSE requirements, usually for maths and english.

thanks! just for comparison how much harder would it be to get into UCL compared to KCL. if you dont have a clue its fine, thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest