The Student Room Group

worried my height will put girls off

I'm not really short at all but I'm slightly below average (like not much but I'm very self conscious about it) and I'm worried the fact I have have short legs will put girls off if we decide to take things further. From your experiences, do girls generally get put off by guys being slightly shorter or do they care more about other things?

Scroll to see replies

Troll.

(yes, they are MASSIVE)
Reply 2
Some girls like shorter guys, it's all about preference. So don't worry, you'll find someone who likes you for who you are :smile:
I'm somewhat taller than average, and I feel your pain. Most girls seem to prefer people who are around the middle area. It's irritating.
It depends on the girl, but most girls are more attracted to guys taller than them based on what my friends say.
Well you're fortunate then in that some of us girls are shorter than a shorter than average guy!! Lots of guys have short legs, I find females tend to be of more overall average proportions whereas a lot of guys have fairly long torsos in comparison to their legs. Anyway, height should never be a deal breaker :smile:
Please don't feel self-conscious about it, if you're taller than 5'3 you're still above the average height for girls in the UK. Most girls would be willing to date you as long as you're taller than them. If you ask me I'm above average as a girl (5'7) and while it's definitely a plus if a guy is taller than me, I don't see short height as a dealbreaker at all. I think there are much more important things to be concerned about. (Plus I hate wearing high heels, so dating a short guy would be a perfect excuse to ditch heels altogether!)
I feels for you buddy, I feels you. Im lucky I dont face that as an issue, being 6'1. But not all girls will shoot you down, youll find one
Reply 8
I'm rather tall so I probably wouldn't date a guy below my height (5'7'') . But I see hot girls with short guys all the time. There are smaller girls don't worry. Everyone finds someone.
Reply 9
You're not here to impress them, they're here to impress you.

Disregard females, acquire gains.
How tall are you? Being shorter than me would probably put me off, as I love to wear heels, but several of my friends are tall and have dated shorter guys :smile:
I went out with a girl that was like 2/3 or so inches taller than me (she's 5'11), yes it was super awkward at first but after a while it just didn't matter anymore. Imo it's kinda like how a guy says he wants a chick with a massive rack or something, yes it'd be great for our little fantasies but in actuality once you know the person it's irrelevant. I've found it to be the same with girls and guy heights. Might have an initial dislike but as long as you're a cool guy it's all good. It only really gets in the way if you let it!
I'm 5ft 7 and so is my bf. I don't care.
Original post by Serpentine111
I'm not really short at all but I'm slightly below average (like not much but I'm very self conscious about it) and I'm worried the fact I have have short legs will put girls off if we decide to take things further. From your experiences, do girls generally get put off by guys being slightly shorter or do they care more about other things?

How tall are you?
Also depends on the girls preference really :smile:
I am 5'6 and 20 years old. The average for the UK is something like 5'9 but I swear most guys I see is 6 foot or taller and this makes me quite upset, especially as girls see that I'm short so they see me as a young kid and treat me like how they'd treat their little brother, it's quite patronising if I'm honest :mad: I think if I was 6 foot or taller girls would treat me seriously!
I'm (5ft 8) and 15 do you think I will grow atleast 5ft10
You probably will, I met my boyfriend at sixteen and he's grown at least 3 inches in the last two years!
I would love to be 5ft 10 because everyone in my year is like 6ft minimum
I think they are probably lying to you! Unless by some crazy coincidence you've endedup in a year with freakishly tall 15 year olds, they are lying about their height haha
Haha I'm 5ft 8 and i am below average in my year, there like giants

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending