The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

University of Nottingham Accomodation

Hello, I will be attending Nottingham this year in September. I am studying animal science which means my lectures will be in the Sutton Bonington Campus, a lot further away from the city. I currently drive and was wondering if it would be a good idea to apply for accommodation near the main campus and travel to my lectures. I'm an early morning person so waking up 1 hour earlier wouldn't hurt me and accommodation in the University Campus are lot cheaper than the Sutton campus. Any comments would be appreciated, thank you!!
Hey :smile:

According to the accommodation office, around 90% of SB students live at SB at least in first year but you can stay nearer the main campus if you want to. It is completely up to you at the end of the day. However that being said, only the self catered sites are likely to allow you to have a car and they will cost around £250. Similarly there is a free hopper bus that takes students from Uni Park to SB on roughly an hourly basis.

I do know people that have stayed on Uni Park and done courses on SB so like I said it is possible!

At the end of the day look around all the types of accommodation you are considering if possible because you may get a certain feeling from one place or another.

I hope that makes sense! Are you looking at self catered or catered nearer to UP (university park)?
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by RhiannonC
Hello, I will be attending Nottingham this year in September. I am studying animal science which means my lectures will be in the Sutton Bonington Campus, a lot further away from the city. I currently drive and was wondering if it would be a good idea to apply for accommodation near the main campus and travel to my lectures. I'm an early morning person so waking up 1 hour earlier wouldn't hurt me and accommodation in the University Campus are lot cheaper than the Sutton campus. Any comments would be appreciated, thank you!!

I'm having the exact same problem!!! Have you had much help about it? I can't decide whether to live at Bonington Park or not

Quick Reply

Latest