The Student Room Group

Rejected

Got rejected from Oxbridge 2 weeks ago and still haven't recovered. I have wanted to study at Oxbridge since I was 10 years old. All my studies have been justified by the eager to attend Oxbridge.

Being rejected makes me feel like life is over, and that I failed @ life. I have yet to tell my family. 2 weeks and I still haven't told them, I just can't. Not because the put pressure on me, which they dont. No because I am embarrassed of myself.

I can't see myself being happy while studying at another uni..Additionally I am the only one in the family that has ever "succeed". Therefor I've always wanted to "succee" in order to help everyone I love.

Nevertheless, it is not really about my family, its about me and myself. I have high hopes on myself and now I feel worthless. I can't think clearly these days because of the depression this has caused.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
I'm sorry to hear that!

I know it must be very hard for you now, but you've got to stay positive and be open to your other options. You might have a better time at another university where there's less pressure on students. Plus going to other Universities doesn't mean you're not going to succeed in life.

YOU'RE NOT WORTHLESS!! You don't have to go to Oxford or Cambridge to be great!

Good Luck!!

Quick Reply

Latest