The Student Room Group

Questions for people who were Homeschooled for A-Levels:

1: Was it abit lonely or used to it because you were Homeschooled for KS3/(I)GCSE?
2: How did you get a reference for University ?
3: Did you find it hard to movita yourself?
4: If you did Science Subjects was it trouble doing ISA's/coursework?
5: Do you think youwould have done better if you were studying A-Levels at Sixth-Form/College?
Reply 1
bump
Reply 2
Bump?
I'm an external candidate studying Maths, Economics and Physics on my little lonesome. It is a bit lonely and also quite depressing at times as you think all the odds are against you. It is hard to motivate yourself as especially in core 2 mathematics ... i'm sitting there in near tears at times just because of how hard it is. Physics and economics are really interesting though so I find my motivation to learn is higher.

My physics ISA is going to cost £650 to study at an external examination centre. Yes, they are very costly and difficult to do. This is also not including the price per exam of your main modules.

I would rather go back to sixth form to do them as you have more people to guide you ... but when I did it, I ended up suffering with quite severe depression along with already having a mental illness that I cant explain very well. So I found it really hard to socially interact with people at my sixth form. I ended up crashing at the end of year one and left. Worse decision of my life.

Also just wondering by what date I will have needed to have finished all my curriculum, not sure if you know this?

Thanks
Reply 4
Original post by Tom.Dunwoody
I'm an external candidate studying Maths, Economics and Physics on my little lonesome. It is a bit lonely and also quite depressing at times as you think all the odds are against you. It is hard to motivate yourself as especially in core 2 mathematics ... i'm sitting there in near tears at times just because of how hard it is. Physics and economics are really interesting though so I find my motivation to learn is higher.

My physics ISA is going to cost £650 to study at an external examination centre. Yes, they are very costly and difficult to do. This is also not including the price per exam of your main modules.

I would rather go back to sixth form to do them as you have more people to guide you ... but when I did it, I ended up suffering with quite severe depression along with already having a mental illness that I cant explain very well. So I found it really hard to socially interact with people at my sixth form. I ended up crashing at the end of year one and left. Worse decision of my life.

Also just wondering by what date I will have needed to have finished all my curriculum, not sure if you know this?

Thanks

Urmmm what do you mean ?

Because I think if you're on AS you'll need to finish well before april to revise and then for a2 same thing then you need to apply for uni in september-january...

Quick Reply

Latest