The Student Room Group

How can I stop ruining my friendships ?

I have a really have a really bad personality, I think it's because of my low self esteem and the hate I have for myself , I am really horrible to my friends I mean what I say to them as a joke but now I've realised that it's not a joke and I am really horrible to them I want to stop being the way I am but that will probably mean me being quiet and saying nothing.

I don't want to be a bitch but I don't want to be a mute either , what shall I do and how can't I stop being so mean ?
Tell your friends: "I'm really sorry for [event that made friends miserable], I've only just realised the seriousness of my actions, I want to stop acting like this but I don't know how."
Reply 2
Original post by shawn_o1
Tell your friends: "I'm really sorry for [event that made friends miserable], I've only just realised the seriousness of my actions, I want to stop acting like this but I don't know how."

I wrote a long paragraph to my friend about how I'm sorry and that she was the last person I would ever want to upset her , and I've told her countless times that i want to change but I really don't know how , she said she can't be arsed with me any more and I'm afraid that she's actully done with our friends ship. I feel so dumb and pathetic how upset this whole situation has got me
Original post by Anonymous
I wrote a long paragraph to my friend about how I'm sorry and that she was the last person I would ever want to upset her , and I've told her countless times that i want to change but I really don't know how , she said she can't be arsed with me any more and I'm afraid that she's actully done with our friends ship. I feel so dumb and pathetic how upset this whole situation has got me

Make a new friend
Reply 4
Original post by shawn_o1
Make a new friend

I've known this girl for the last 9years of my life and making a new friend really isn't going to help if I am the way I am
I've known this girl for the last 9years of my life and making a new friend really isn't going to help if I am the way I am

So what, breakups happen all the time, the best thing you can do is move on. Do you talk to others beside that girl of nine years?
I stopped behaving like this after many years when I finally realised, I was worthy of their friendships. I was a good person, who could be a good friend. I deserved to have good friends
Reply 7
I have a really have a really bad personality, I think it's because of my low self esteem and the hate I have for myself , I am really horrible to my friends I mean what I say to them as a joke but now I've realised that it's not a joke and I am really horrible to them I want to stop being the way I am but that will probably mean me being quiet and saying nothing.

I don't want to be a bitch but I don't want to be a mute either , what shall I do and how can't I stop being so mean ?

Hey I was going to offer to you that we just casually chat and maybe I can point out to you when your being rude, when a joke is acceptable/unacceptable, if u want that is

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Maybe start thinking before you say something, and always consider how your words will affect people before you say anything.

Quick Reply

Latest