The Student Room Group

Leaving present for teacher

I'm not really sure where to put this, but hopefully someone can help me. A teacher that I'm really fond of is leaving at the end of this year and I want to get her something really thoughtful. The only problem is I have no idea what. Like, if it was for a close friend I'd do something like a photograph collage, but that's not really possible in this situation as she's my teacher so, unsurprisingly, we don't have many photo's together :smile: Anyone got any ideas? Thanks so much.
Reply 1
Another American lawsuit incoming [Insert laughter here].

In all seriousness alcohol's always a good one, any way to jokingly ask her in a lesson about her favourite drinks?
Reply 2
Original post by Kaneki
Another American lawsuit incoming [Insert laughter here].

In all seriousness alcohol's always a good one, any way to jokingly ask her in a lesson about her favourite drinks?

I was thinking something more personal though....also I don't even think I'm allowed to take alcohol into school
When our Physics teacher left Christmas 2013, our class (the three amigos doing A-Levels) ended up getting her a bottle of wine and a pack of starbursts. The bottle of wine was just a generic gift whereas the starburst was a bit more of a funny gift, seeing as every now and again she would bring a packet of starbursts into class and hand out a couple.

Getting something for teachers who are leaving is always tricky though, and i think it should really depend on how long you have been taught by that particular teacher (in my case it was Yr 7 through to A-Levels). It might look odd getting something other than a card if you've only been taught by the teacher for a year or two.
One of our teachers left at Halloween, and our AS class all pooled in and got him a tonne of physics-y stuff (he was a physics teacher). We got him a personalized mug (something along the lines of Mr X - Best Physics Teacher Ever or something like that), a tie with physics formula and stuff on it, a badge saying I <3 Physics and some squeaky toys for his dog. We also got a cake made with an arsenal logo on it (he's a big fan).

You could probably find a tonne of stuff online. What subject does she teach?
Reply 5
Last year a teacher who was really special to me left our school, and I bought her a mug and wrote her a card- quite a simple, obvious one but in my opinion it is quite personal as it is something that is kept, rather than eaten/drunk .. hope this helps :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by _Morsey_
When our Physics teacher left Christmas 2013, our class (the three amigos doing A-Levels) ended up getting her a bottle of wine and a pack of starbursts. The bottle of wine was just a generic gift whereas the starburst was a bit more of a funny gift, seeing as every now and again she would bring a packet of starbursts into class and hand out a couple.

Getting something for teachers who are leaving is always tricky though, and i think it should really depend on how long you have been taught by that particular teacher (in my case it was Yr 7 through to A-Levels). It might look odd getting something other than a card if you've only been taught by the teacher for a year or two.

She's taught me from year 8 to 12 and she always goes above and beyond for her students which is something I really appreciate, so I'd like to do the same for her in regards to getting her something. Something different and personal.
Reply 7
Original post by crozibear96
One of our teachers left at Halloween, and our AS class all pooled in and got him a tonne of physics-y stuff (he was a physics teacher). We got him a personalized mug (something along the lines of Mr X - Best Physics Teacher Ever or something like that), a tie with physics formula and stuff on it, a badge saying I <3 Physics and some squeaky toys for his dog. We also got a cake made with an arsenal logo on it (he's a big fan).

You could probably find a tonne of stuff online. What subject does she teach?

Philosophy and Ethics. She seems to really like minions a well haha
Reply 8
Original post by lottie.13
Last year a teacher who was really special to me left our school, and I bought her a mug and wrote her a card- quite a simple, obvious one but in my opinion it is quite personal as it is something that is kept, rather than eaten/drunk .. hope this helps :smile:

Yeah, I think she would appreciate something long lasting.
Original post by daviem
Philosophy and Ethics. She seems to really like minions a well haha

http://www.amazon.co.uk/ONE-MINION-Ceramic-Ideal-Gift/dp/B00ML3N8B2/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1422200529&sr=8-12&keywords=minions+gifts

There's something right off the bat.:3

Also, zazzle seems like a good site for teacher gifts ---> http://www.zazzle.co.uk/philosophy+teacher+gifts
Reply 10

Haha, the minion mug's pretty funny, thanks for the site suggestions, they look really good I'll check them out. Thanks
Here's a few things I got last year that meant a lot - a very fitting mug (teachers always have personalised mugs and keep them for years), a notebook where the front was designed/ personalised by the student (may not last forever but can be kept), a signed picture that a student had drawn of a penguin :smile: a collage of photos of the students that they all signed, flowers (they died but I kept the photo), a personalised keyring, a personally designed bead bracelet (i found these online - very cheap and easy but so personal). Oo a drinks' coaster that had a self-chosen/ designed print in it, a science based jewellery item that I'll probably wear very little but will treasure.

God I miss those kids :frown: :frown:
Reply 12
Original post by shorty.loves.angels
Here's a few things I got last year that meant a lot - a very fitting mug (teachers always have personalised mugs and keep them for years), a notebook where the front was designed/ personalised by the student (may not last forever but can be kept), a signed picture that a student had drawn of a penguin :smile: a collage of photos of the students that they all signed, flowers (they died but I kept the photo), a personalised keyring, a personally designed bead bracelet (i found these online - very cheap and easy but so personal). Oo a drinks' coaster that had a self-chosen/ designed print in it, a science based jewellery item that I'll probably wear very little but will treasure.

God I miss those kids :frown: :frown:

hmm, the bracelet is interesting, I know how to make some pretty nice ones so I might do that. She would love me to draw her something but unfortunately my drawing skills are shocking :smile: Thanks for the help
Original post by daviem
hmm, the bracelet is interesting, I know how to make some pretty nice ones so I might do that. She would love me to draw her something but unfortunately my drawing skills are shocking :smile: Thanks for the help

You can do online designs using free images/ altered photos of your own :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending