The Student Room Group

Annoying sister

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cupcakes87
yes!!! :five: bigger age gap! shes in the year below me and sometimes its beneficial but most times its a pain.

can you think of anything that makes your mum want to take her side?

She thinks it's fine because I dropped her stuff on the floor but NOTHING was broken. She never pays for anything her self and she broke my nail polishes. I can understand what I did was wrong and expect to pay for it if I broke it. So why doesn't my sister have to pay for it? Mum thinks it's been sorted out now and it's fine. She said "why are you bringing it up now?" Like it's all been sorted out. Looks like I will have to replace them with my own money.
Original post by Lularose83
I know how you feel, I have a younger sister who always starts arguments/ swears at me yet I can't swear back because I should "know better". Just try and ignore her

Ah, how old are you and your sister? I don't like having a sister, I would have preferred a brother. At least he wouldn't use my stuff and wear my clothes
:mad:
Original post by Anonymousssx

Ah, how old are you and your sister? I don't like having a sister, I would have preferred a brother. At least he wouldn't use my stuff and wear my clothes
:mad:

I'm 16, she's 14. My mum always sides with her so it's pretty futile trying to argue! I have a brother, but that's a different story altogether :smile:
I'm 16, she's 14. My mum always sides with her so it's pretty futile trying to argue! I have a brother, but that's a different story altogether :smile:

I think it's because we're older so they expect us not to be annoyed or angry. How old is your brother? Mines 11 and in year 6.
I think it's because we're older so they expect us not to be annoyed or angry. How old is your brother? Mines 11 and in year 6.

He's 19, so less irritating! I agree, she doesn't realise how much she grates on my nerves, especially as she's now becoming interested in makeup/ clothes and always steals my stuff now :frown:
He's 19, so less irritating! I agree, she doesn't realise how much she grates on my nerves, especially as she's now becoming interested in makeup/ clothes and always steals my stuff now :frown:

Exactly. Even my 11 year old brother is better than her. Tbh my Mum expects me to be happy and want to share my stuff with her. We're not TWINS even if we were I still wouldn't want to share. It's frustrating when I bring it up and all she does is laugh :frown:
Exactly. Even my 11 year old brother is better than her. Tbh my Mum expects me to be happy and want to share my stuff with her. We're not TWINS even if we were I still wouldn't want to share. It's frustrating when I bring it up and all she does is laugh :frown:

Just because we're older it doesn't mean we are more happy to share stuff! To be honest I can't wait to go to uni lol then she won't be able to annoy me!
Just because we're older it doesn't mean we are more happy to share stuff! To be honest I can't wait to go to uni lol then she won't be able to annoy me!

Exactly. Mum thinks it's all my fault and I should replace the nail polishes myself.
Me and my sister had a argument . Then she went and broke my nail polishes. She broke 10 and I told her she will have to pay for it but she says no. All my Mum ever does is laugh and she knows she will support her = she will not have to pay for it. She wears my clothes and shoes on a daily basis and again my Mum just laughs. Recently she got a £60 fine on the train and yet again Mum paid for It . What do I do?

Hmmm....I think you're envious....

Either buy a lock to store your items, or accept your sister is your mother's favourite. Not being harsh, but then imho it seems that way.
Original post by hamix.forllz
Hmmm....I think you're envious....

Either buy a lock to store your items, or accept your sister is your mother's favourite. Not being harsh, but then imho it seems that way.

I just want her to pay for my nail polishes she broke. I couldn't care less about my Mother. It's pretty obvious to anyone she's her favourite lol!
i just answered your question lolol......just seems you're envious of the extra attention, and I don't think your mum would acquiese but meh..
Original post by hamix.forllz
i just answered your question lolol......just seems you're envious of the extra attention, and I don't think your mum would acquiese but meh..

How am I envious of her breaking my nail polishes? So this is acceptable behaviour? If I got my money I would just be quiet and replace my old nail polishes. It's like a little hobby of mine and baking is too. I'm nearly 20 years old and I'm not a child. Even if she is her favourite so be it, what can I do? I'm not going to beg for her attention like a 3 year old.
Do you have your own room? If so, I'd get a lock installed on the door so she can't touch your stuff anymore. She sounds like a real brat.
Original post by Veggiechic6
Do you have your own room? If so, I'd get a lock installed on the door so she can't touch your stuff anymore. She sounds like a real brat.

That's what my Dad said. He said to keep all of my stuff in my room and lock it. I can only have the key so she can't access my stuff.
My Mum expects me to be fine with it and move on from it. They were very expensive nail polishes, couple cost £9 each they're Ciate. I wish I never had a sister :frown:

Feel for you, try having a brother, an older one anyway. 10000 times worse
That's what my Dad said. He said to keep all of my stuff in my room and lock it. I can only have the key so she can't access my stuff.
Sounds like a great idea, get it done.
Original post by FeelingDepressed
Feel for you, try having a brother, an older one anyway. 10000 times worse

Ah, whats happened? :frown:
Original post by Veggiechic6
Sounds like a great idea, get it done.

I will :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending