The Student Room Group

Annoying sister

Me and my sister had a argument . Then she went and broke my nail polishes. She broke 10 and I told her she will have to pay for it but she says no. All my Mum ever does is laugh and she knows she will support her = she will not have to pay for it. She wears my clothes and shoes on a daily basis and again my Mum just laughs. Recently she got a £60 fine on the train and yet again Mum paid for It . What do I do?
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

how old are you and how old is your sister?
I'm 19 (20 this year) and she's 17 (18 this year). So it's not like she's a child fair enough if she was then I wouldn't be so angry.
Original post by Anonymousssx
I'm 19 (20 this year) and she's 17 (18 this year). So it's not like she's a child fair enough if she was then I wouldn't be so angry.

do you have any other siblings?
Yeah I have a brother and he's 11.
Yeah I have a brother and he's 11.

middle sibling treatment. it happens to me all the time :sigh: im the oldest, then my sister then younger brother. i usually ignore it but your sister sounds a little crazy so :/

if it was me id just pester my mum until she realised that my sister was wrong
Take something of hers of equal value, and do the same, use it, break it, whatever.
It's not the most mature thing to do, but you can always justify it by calling her out on her hypocrisy if she complains. And then point out the injustice to your mum if she gets involved?
Original post by cupcakes87
middle sibling treatment. it happens to me all the time :sigh: im the oldest, then my sister then younger brother. i usually ignore it but your sister sounds a little crazy so :/

if it was me id just pester my mum until she realised that my sister was wrong

Ah how old are you and your siblings? She wants me to deal with it on my own and I've tried. All she does is give sarcastic comments and laughs "I'm not paying for it shame". Whilst my Mum just doesn't do anything when I bring it up.
I know how you feel, I have a younger sister who always starts arguments/ swears at me yet I can't swear back because I should "know better". Just try and ignore her
Original post by H0PEL3SS
Take something of hers of equal value, and do the same, use it, break it, whatever.
It's not the most mature thing to do, but you can always justify it by calling her out on her hypocrisy if she complains. And then point out the injustice to your mum if she gets involved?

Tbh I have considered that but Mum will take her side as usual. She always expects me to be mature but I paid for the nail polishes out of my own money.
Ah how old are you and your siblings? She wants me to deal with it on my own and I've tried. All she does is give sarcastic comments and laughs "I'm not paying for it shame". Whilst my Mum just doesn't do anything when I bring it up.

im 18, sister is 16 and brother is 14.

well in that case id just break my sisters stuff and refuse to pay for it. then if my mum said i have to pay for it id refuse until my mother realised that my sister has to pay for the stuff of mine that she breaks!
>Find something worth the equivalent of your broken items belonging to your sister
>List them secretly on eBay
>Pocket the money
>Buy replacement nail polishes
>Make sure your sister can't touch them
>Deny everything.
im 18, sister is 16 and brother is 14.

well in that case id just break my sisters stuff and refuse to pay for it. then if my mum said i have to pay for it id refuse until my mother realised that my sister has to pay for the stuff of mine that she breaks!

My Mum expects me to be fine with it and move on from it. They were very expensive nail polishes, couple cost £9 each they're Ciate. I wish I never had a sister :frown:
Tbh I have considered that but Mum will take her side as usual. She always expects me to be mature but I paid for the nail polishes out of my own money.

I know what you mean, my parents almost always take the side of my younger siblings.
However, you can be mature whilst doing this. If it's a case of using her stuff without asking, from what you've described, I think she'd go straight to your mum about it. At that point, you could just say that you've done nothing wrong, as your sister does the same all the time, and that it should be fair to you too. Otherwise, if she wants you to stop, she has to replace the nail polish, stop using your stuff, etc.
Original post by somemightsay888
>Find something worth the equivalent of your broken items belonging to your sister
>List them secretly on eBay
>Pocket the money
>Buy replacement nail polishes
>Make sure your sister can't touch them
>Deny everything.

LOL! That's a great idea. I need to find somewhere to hide the preferably as she always uses my nail polishes behind my back and yet again all my Mum does is laugh. Sick and tired of it now.
My Mum expects me to be fine with it and move on from it. They were very expensive nail polishes, couple cost £9 each they're Ciate. I wish I never had a sister :frown:

so what if she expects you to be fine with it! that behaviour is not acceptable! stand up to your mum! shes supposed to see sense! naah, you dont wanna wish that! as much as my sister pisses me off, id be lost without her and not having her is the last thing i would want :redface:
so what if she expects you to be fine with it! that behaviour is not acceptable! stand up to your mum! shes supposed to see sense! naah, you dont wanna wish that! as much as my sister pisses me off, id be lost without her and not having her is the last thing i would want :redface:

Ah, it's annoying. I think I would have preferred to have a sister with a bigger age gap. Mum always takes her side.
LOL! That's a great idea. I need to find somewhere to hide the preferably as she always uses my nail polishes behind my back and yet again all my Mum does is laugh. Sick and tired of it now.

>Buy a padlock or invest in cheap small storage unit with a lock
>Keep key on you at all times and maybe lock your room when you leave it
>You have won.

Alternative

>Break mums stuff
>Frame sister
>Show mum your broken nail polish just to reinforce your sister's reckless attitude
>You have won.
Ah, it's annoying. I think I would have preferred to have a sister with a bigger age gap. Mum always takes her side.

yes!!! :five: bigger age gap! shes in the year below me and sometimes its beneficial but most times its a pain.

can you think of anything that makes your mum want to take her side?
Original post by somemightsay888
>Buy a padlock or invest in cheap small storage unit with a lock
>Keep key on you at all times and maybe lock your room when you leave it
>You have won.

Alternative

>Break mums stuff
>Frame sister
>Show mum your broken nail polish just to reinforce your sister's reckless attitude
>You have won.

Loool I need to look on ebay now but the problem is I have too many nail polishes. I need a decent size. If only I didn't have to go through this and Mum dealt with it better.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending