The Student Room Group

Judaism in France & AS Oral

Me being stupid as always, I chose my AS oral topic today, and decided to do Judaism in France. However, I haven't got a clue where to start to look for research or what to include in it. I think I should have something along the lines of :
History - with a more detailed bit about world war two
Synagogues
Locations of main Jewish population
Avaliability of Kosher food in France
However, I haven't got a clue what else to include in it! All we're doing at the moment is research, so I don't need to worry about compiling a presentation yet, but if anyone could point me in the right direction to find the information or provide me some, it'd be much appreciated!
Also, if anyone could give me the details of how the oral exam for Edexcel works, ie what we have to do and some approximate times, i'd love you forever. And you'd get rep :p:
Thanks a lot in advance :smile:
as edexcel oral... i think it's a 2 min prepared presentation and then about 10 mins where the teacher asks you questions (which you won't have been able to prepare answers on) about your presentation... i think i've remembered that right lol. but hasn't your teacher told you anything about how the exam works? cos i may not have got that all right!
Reply 2
yeh bex is right, its nothing big really and ma teacher just let me in on the fact that im gonna know what shes gonnas ask and that i should have prepared answers beforehand.

i know its not meant to be liek that or whatever buh i aint gonna complain. ill just make sure i say it in an unprepared manner.

anyway to ur subject i think antisemitism would be a good angle to take deres a popular occurence in france of vandalising the graves of jews...you will find alot of articles about that in the archives of say 'Le monde'

have a look at the edxcel specification its brilliant they tell u all u would want to know also look at the examiners report it tells u what to do and more importantly what nto to do. for example: making your presnetion to generalised. instead of just saying judaism in france it would be good if u could pick one specific incident and discuss that...

im doing mine on the streets riots that happened in france in october 2005 in Clichy-sous-Bois. im just focusing on what happened, why it happened, the political repercussions of them and seen as the anniversay was just last week ive found some things abotu how peopel feel about it a year on

neway gd luck dude

PS: Before someone starts to get pedantic im in a rush typing this.
Reply 3
yup im aware of that gonna talk about this years movement called "Clichy sans Cliché"....
Reply 4
Should be able to get access to past copies of The Economist at your local library which might have some info? Also in English, usefully!
If you're lucky they may have French news archives too!
Carlisle library doesn't though. :mad:
Reply 5
wesetters
Pinner library wouldn't even have economist archives...see if your college has any old current affairesish magazines...mine held loads of copies of "l'Express".

Oh my proper local library doesn't have the economist. I have to travel for 45 minutes to get to Carlisle......
Hey, you could mention 'Un sac de Billes' by Joseph Joffo...its an autobiography

about Joffo who was Jewish and lived in Nazi Occupied Paris during WW2. Should

be relatively easy to research him and this book.

Latest

Trending

Trending