The Student Room Group

AS Psychology AQA PSYA1/2 Revision Thread 2015!

Scroll to see replies

I have a gut feeling the 12 marker will be on Bowlby :s-smilie:
So what things do people think will come up on unit 1?
Original post by ebruxoxo
So what things do people think will come up on unit 1?

I dunno hopefully its not too brutal, hopefully they'll end the last psych AS exam on a high note lol:smile:
Original post by Micxael
I dunno hopefully its not too brutal, hopefully they'll end the last psych AS exam on a high note lol:smile:

lets hope!! do any of you have tips for memorising all these case studies??!
lets hope!! do any of you have tips for memorising all these case studies??!

Case studies specifically like Genie or general experiments?
Original post by Micxael
Case studies specifically like Genie or general experiments?

Yes ive got like 50 for all of unit 1 and i have roughly 20 to go till i learn them all.. and the last 20 is the most important ones (developmental) and im not sure how to fit it all into my head :')
Yes ive got like 50 for all of unit 1 and i have roughly 20 to go till i learn them all.. and the last 20 is the most important ones (developmental) and i'm not sure how to fit it all into my head :')

I've got around 15 for developmental. What I did was start super early (like nov) and I just went over the developmental studies once every 2 weeks. Now i'm literally going over whole topics in unit 1 like everyday! It seems desperate I know lol
Would Hodges and Tizard and Rutter et al be enough to write about for a 12 marker on institutionalisation.
Has everyone finished all of unit 1 and 2 in class?
We are half way through abnormality and nearly finished social influence.
Reply 149
Has anyone got any revision methods ? Posters don't seem to help me and stuck at the moment just rewriting my notes and doing exam questions
Reply 150
Original post by ranimayx
Has everyone finished all of unit 1 and 2 in class?
We are half way through abnormality and nearly finished social influence.

We finish abnormality this week and thats our last topic
Original post by 2cool4scool
I don't think so. I can't work out how you would get 6 marks for AO1 and there are only a few generic evaluation points for it so I think it would only be a short question if they ask about it.

I think you could be right. I was trying to figure it out too, but didn't want to risk not learning enough material in case!
Do you think they would ask about the effectiveness of improving memory strategies and would it ever come up as a 12 marker?
I've been looking through past papers, from June 2010 up until May 2014, and there hasn't been any questions on Bowlby's maternal deprivation hypothesis or his study 44 Juvenile Thieves, or am I wrong?
Original post by amberuniverse
I've been looking through past papers, from June 2010 up until May 2014, and there hasn't been any questions on Bowlby's maternal deprivation hypothesis or his study 44 Juvenile Thieves, or am I wrong?

Check on loopa and see when it came up and what date. Saj has listed what he also thinks is most likely to come for both units
I have a very strong feeling that the multi store model of memory will come up as an 8 or 12 marker.
(edited 9 years ago)
I saw that prediction on Loopa. It said "The multi-store memory model is long over-due according to this table last turning up in January 2012. One to watch and the front-runner in my eyes." for the 12 marker. I hope it is the multi-store model of memory, because it's really easy
Hey guys im preparing essay plans for all the 12 markers that may come up and its a really good idea IMO as it helps you prepare effectively, just wanna check I havent missed any though so far I got (this is only unit 1 btw):
Memory:
-Describe+evaluate research into age on EWT
-D+E research into effects of anxiety on EWT
-D+E research into misleading information
-D+E the multi store memory model
-D+E the working memory model
-D+E evaluate the cognitive interview
-D+E memory improvement stratergies/research into mnemonics

Attachment:
-D+E the learning theory of attachment
-D+E Bowlbys theory of attachment
-D+E research into attachment types
-D+E research into cultural variations in attachmemt
-D+E research into privation
-D+E research into institutionalisation
-D+E into disruption of attachment
-D+E research into the effects of day care (could be either peer relations or aggression)

I think thats all of them covered^ but if you can think of anymore that could come up please tell me thanks
Original post by Alpopcuino
Hey guys im preparing essay plans for all the 12 markers that may come up and its a really good idea IMO as it helps you prepare effectively, just wanna check I havent missed any though so far I got (this is only unit 1 btw):
Memory:
-Describe+evaluate research into age on EWT
-D+E research into effects of anxiety on EWT
-D+E research into misleading information
-D+E the multi store memory model
-D+E the working memory model
-D+E evaluate the cognitive interview
-D+E memory improvement stratergies/research into mnemonics

Attachment:
-D+E the learning theory of attachment
-D+E Bowlbys theory of attachment
-D+E research into attachment types
-D+E research into cultural variations in attachmemt
-D+E research into privation
-D+E research into institutionalisation
-D+E into disruption of attachment
-D+E research into the effects of day care (could be either peer relations or aggression)

I think thats all of them covered^ but if you can think of anymore that could come up please tell me thanks

I thought there isn't enough detail for a 12 marker to come up on the cognitive interview or memory improvement stratergies/research into mnemonics?
Original post by amberuniverse
I thought there isn't enough detail for a 12 marker to come up on the cognitive interview or memory improvement stratergies/research into mnemonics?

Yeah, that is very rare and harsh for AQA to ask those questions. I highly doubt there's even enough content to outline and evaluate the Cognitive Interview. A 12-Marker on Memory Improvement Strategies is possible but it is a lot to ask for.

I'm assuming that Memory Improvement Strategies will come up as a 4 marker like it did last year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending