The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

What societies?

Got an offer for MORSE at Warwick :colondollar::colondollar: but have been worrying about what i'll do when i'm there. I currently play rugby, enjoy doing weights and really enjoy calisthenics. When I go to uni though, I don't know what I would keep up, and don't want to join too many. So how good is the gym as it looked pretty small? How is the rugby there as I may join and hopefully play for the firsts? How often can you use the climbing wall if paid for a membership and is it better than the gym? Finally, I read that there is a tricking, free running and gymnastics society which would be great for me, but can't find much about it. Any peeps go to this? Thanks guys and see you there hopefully.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Hi Rugbybeast, congrats on your offer!

The gym at Warwick, in my opinion, is too expensive for the services you receive. If you're keen on fitness, I'd reccomend getting to know the area around Warwick a little more as there are some nearby gyms on Cannon Park (within walking distance from campus) and some even better ones if you don't mind a bus ride to Leamington. The prices are good as they do some great 10 week student packages that include everything.

You can find a list of all of Warwick's societies just here: http://www.warwicksu.com/societies/all/ so that might be worth skimming through to see if anything appeals to you! There are the usual sports societies but there are some really out-there societies where you might be able to try something new! You could also join something a bit more generic like the Film Society or something, so not sport-related but generally really fun.

The rugby team are good at Warwick, pretty competitive and initiations and try-outs start quite early on in the term, but they do have a few teams (like 3rds, 2nds and 1st teams etc) so if you wanted to play but not like super competitively you do have a choice!

Hope this helps somewhat. :smile:
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending