The Student Room Group

Law university crisis: UCL or LSE?

I have offers from both LSE and UCL to read Law and Law with German Law, respectively. Problem is In having serious trouble deciding between the two. Obviously at UCL I could carry on with German but LSE has a language centre as well and the opportunity to go to Columbia. Please help! Any input would be much appreciated!
What a great position to be in. Personally I'd go for LSE.
Reply 2
If you want to have any hope of having fun - UC.
LSE
UCL :smile:
Reply 6
Reasons why would be appreciated :smile:
I think both are great and well regarded causes. Maybe look into the Universities themselves to help make up your mind. UCL is bigger with more disciplines and societies, LSE is more compact as it offers less subjects but that can also mean a slightly smaller community. They're not geographically very far from each other so I guess that doesn't help...

LSE has a reputation for having lots of international students but it would be a lie to not say the same of UCL. Maybe LSE has slightly more?

What would you go on to do with German Law?

Hard choice, well done for getting offers from both! I take it they both want similar grades?
Reply 8
Original post by seaholme
I think both are great and well regarded causes. Maybe look into the Universities themselves to help make up your mind. UCL is bigger with more disciplines and societies, LSE is more compact as it offers less subjects but that can also mean a slightly smaller community. They're not geographically very far from each other so I guess that doesn't help...

LSE has a reputation for having lots of international students but it would be a lie to not say the same of UCL. Maybe LSE has slightly more?

What would you go on to do with German Law?

Hard choice, well done for getting offers from both! I take it they both want similar grades?

Thanks! That's the thing: I don't yet know what I want to do. Yeah, LSE want A*AA and UCL want A*AA + pass at AS
Reply 9
Def LSE..
As far as I know, UCL also offers the opportunity to go to Columbia: ''There is also the possibility of transfer to either the four-year Joint LLB/JD degree, where students spend years three and four at the University of Columbia in New York or the Law with Another Legal System (Australia or Singapore) LLB, where students spend their third year at either the University of New South Wales or the National University of Singapore.''
Original post by gingerbreadman
As far as I know, UCL also offers the opportunity to go to Columbia: ''There is also the possibility of transfer to either the four-year Joint LLB/JD degree, where students spend years three and four at the University of Columbia in New York or the Law with Another Legal System (Australia or Singapore) LLB, where students spend their third year at either the University of New South Wales or the National University of Singapore.''

so does law students in LSE and KCL

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending