The Student Room Group

I have no real friends (yes another one of these threads)

So i have no friends.. No real friends anyway. It's sad. I have acquaintances and I have had friends but I feel more miserable with them in my life. I just seem to attract the wrong types. I have a boyfriend but I want girl friends. Girls you can be yourself around. I see everyone else has them. It's depressing. I mean for starters there's this one girl I've built a great relationship with over the past 2 years. We've shared secrets and have been there for each other. However she then met a boy. (I like this boy as a friend too) but when she's with him she'll walk past and ignore me. It's ridiculous. I have confronted her about it and I get a lame excuse. She plays the 'oh I didn't realise, I'm so silly' card. So recently I was like honestly i don't think she's for me.
I then have a friend I've been best friends with for over 15 years and again been there for her. We've had great times. Again meets a boy. Again I like the boy as a friend, we have no problem with each other but she acts different when he's around and will only make plans with him. There's a lot more too it but I can't go into every detail on this forum. With this friend I've kept quiet cause I am not too sure what is happening. I'm just fed up. I'm fed up of not being appreciated. I'm not even sure why I'm posting this. I guess I want to let it out. Maybe I'm missing something? How do I make real friends? Wow I sound weird. Like from the outside looking in you wouldn't think I would have this problem. I guess everything thinks everyone else has a great life. It's just sad. Both these girls have other girls to fall back on. And I'm kind of alone. I don't know it's sad. I have no hobbys I'm only 20. And this isn't the end of my world. It's just upsetting.
I have exactly the same problem, since I started going out with my boyfriend, my best friend has attacked me saying I am always mean to her when I think she is just being overly sensitive, and my other friends just leave me out.

I guess we need to get out more and meet new people :frown:
Reply 2
Aw I'm sorry to hear that. It's a shame how quickly friendships can break.
For my situation its more my friends acting different when they are with guys.
Yep meeting new people is the way. But where are they?! I have no hobbies and I think joining a club isn't really for me. I'm pretty much on my own lol
It's a real shame. Hope things get better for you :smile:
At least you have a boyfriend... I don't have friends or a partner and my family are miles away :s-smilie: Spend 99.9% of time completely alone haven't had a conversation with another human being in two weeks. I have only myself to blame major inferiority complex and trust issues.
Original post by Anonymous
So i have no friends.. No real friends anyway. It's sad. I have acquaintances and I have had friends but I feel more miserable with them in my life. I just seem to attract the wrong types. I have a boyfriend but I want girl friends. Girls you can be yourself around. I see everyone else has them. It's depressing. I mean for starters there's this one girl I've built a great relationship with over the past 2 years. We've shared secrets and have been there for each other. However she then met a boy. (I like this boy as a friend too) but when she's with him she'll walk past and ignore me. It's ridiculous. I have confronted her about it and I get a lame excuse. She plays the 'oh I didn't realise, I'm so silly' card. So recently I was like honestly i don't think she's for me.
I then have a friend I've been best friends with for over 15 years and again been there for her. We've had great times. Again meets a boy. Again I like the boy as a friend, we have no problem with each other but she acts different when he's around and will only make plans with him. There's a lot more too it but I can't go into every detail on this forum. With this friend I've kept quiet cause I am not too sure what is happening. I'm just fed up. I'm fed up of not being appreciated. I'm not even sure why I'm posting this. I guess I want to let it out. Maybe I'm missing something? How do I make real friends? Wow I sound weird. Like from the outside looking in you wouldn't think I would have this problem. I guess everything thinks everyone else has a great life. It's just sad. Both these girls have other girls to fall back on. And I'm kind of alone. I don't know it's sad. I have no hobbys I'm only 20. And this isn't the end of my world. It's just upsetting.

Do you feel you can be fully comfortable with your boyfriend?

I've lost all of my girl best friends but my bf really helped me and kind of replaced them in a good way for me
Reply 5
At least you have a boyfriend... I don't have friends or a partner and my family are miles away :s-smilie: Spend 99.9% of time completely alone haven't had a conversation with another human being in two weeks. I have only myself to blame major inferiority complex and trust issues.

Aw :-( I know I am grateful for my bf. But I guess having no real friends affects you a lot. I'm sure you understand given your situation too. I'm sorry to hear that :-( I wish it was easy. Are you really shy?
Reply 6
Original post by tinkerbell_xxx
Do you feel you can be fully comfortable with your boyfriend?

I've lost all of my girl best friends but my bf really helped me and kind of replaced them in a good way for me

Do you know what I am to an extent. I mean he's great he's there for me, always has my back etc. he's like a best friend too.
But as I say to him I fully appreciate him for everything but I do crave to have a group of girls that are my close ones. Girls I can call up and do girly things with. Everyone around me seems to be such a disappointment these days. Like I won't settle for just anyone to be my friend lol. I want people I can trust and I know won't change around other people. But that's where my problem, finding these people are hard. I know you said your bf really helped. But do you ever wish you had girls as well as your bf?
I just started my first year of university and I'm experiencing the same thing :/ I just can't seem to find any proper friends. I try so hard but it just doesn't seem to work, everyone has already settled into their own groups so it's quite hard. I think I've just given up at the moment. I used to cry about it all the time before but I guess I've just accepted it now.

You can't blame yourself for it completely!! I have a lot of trust issues too, which prevent me from letting people in too close. But it's not fair to just blame yourself.

You can talk to me if you want :biggrin: you probably don't, since this is all anonymous but my email is: [email protected]
Do you know what I am to an extent. I mean he's great he's there for me, always has my back etc. he's like a best friend too.
But as I say to him I fully appreciate him for everything but I do crave to have a group of girls that are my close ones. Girls I can call up and do girly things with. Everyone around me seems to be such a disappointment these days. Like I won't settle for just anyone to be my friend lol. I want people I can trust and I know won't change around other people. But that's where my problem, finding these people are hard. I know you said your bf really helped. But do you ever wish you had girls as well as your bf?

Sometimes I do but then I remember how I've been treated by girls in the past then don't :tongue: haha
I just can't seem to find any girls that are similar to me so that would bring us closer together. I have friends that are girls but I wouldn't think they are very close to me, especially because I find it really hard to trust friends now. You can always PM me if you need to talk :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending