The Student Room Group

Barcelona on a budget!!

Hi! I'm going to Barcelona in a few months (hopefully!) and was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to have fun on a budget there, as well as things to do! I'm a student and have very very little money to spend, so I'm open to all sorts of ideas!!
Also, here's a link to my gofundme if you'd like to help my dream trip become a reality!!
gofundme.com/kugp0c
Original post by marinabeana
Hi! I'm going to Barcelona in a few months (hopefully!) and was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to have fun on a budget there, as well as things to do! I'm a student and have very very little money to spend, so I'm open to all sorts of ideas!!
Also, here's a link to my gofundme if you'd like to help my dream trip become a reality!!
gofundme.com/kugp0c

Hey,

Depends how much of a budget. On Las Ramblas (most popular street in Barca) there is a supermarket like half way down, and you can buy picnic stuff here... also they do like a mini chinese wok restaurant bar inside, and for 5 euros you get your choice of meat, noodle, veg etc... really nice

sightseeing is all free of course. gaudi buildings are a must.. stroll into burberry....go to park guell (amazing place with great views)

some art galleries have free openings on certain days, I love the Museo del arte Catalunia
I remember visiting Barcelona about 20 years ago... I remember seeing lots of fountains - any idea where these are or what they're called?
Original post by Izzyeviel
I remember visiting Barcelona about 20 years ago... I remember seeing lots of fountains - any idea where these are or what they're called?

I think it could have been the Montjuic Fountain (Magic fountain) - they have fountain shows on there on certain days. There's also a nice fountain in Ciutadella Park

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey there!

Definitely eat in the Gothic Quarter, lots of cheap tapas bars that won't set you back.

I would recommend the same when going out, the clubs near Barceloneta beach, while they are impressive, are really expensive to not only get into, but drink at well. Many bars dotted around the Gothic quarter (particularly towards the beach end) have extremely reasonable price.

Hostels shouldn't be an issue, there are tons in Barcelona that are very well priced.

When it comes to attractions, if you are to prioritise:

Go inside the Sagrada Familia (I didn't do it when I was in Barcelona and I am still kicking myself for it)
Go up to Park Guell (it's free!)
Go up to the top of Mont Juic (also free - the views are awesome, has the Olympic grounds including the best view from a swimming pool in all of Europe)
Relax on Barcenoleta beach - just watch your things!
Walk the city - many of the highlights of Barcelona can be within walking distance so make sure you book a centrally located hostel.

That's all I can think of right now, I hope this helps!

Matthew

Quick Reply

Latest