The Student Room Group

Investment Banking opportunites

Which degree, if not all do you think will give me a good chance of getting a front/middle office role in a bank. I've currently considering the following options, and you should know 1) I have No A level maths ( Yes I know its helpful for banks ) 2) I'm planning on doing a placement year to gain experience during university

Manchester Uni : Economics BA
Manchester uni : Economics and finance BA
Exeter : Economics BA
Nottingham : Industrial Economics BSC ( however, the modules are not as quantitative and bank orientated as the Manchester Economics course ? )

And at which university am I exposed to more employers? ( financial industry )

P.S - remember it can be middle office too not just front.

Thanks
Reply 1
Obviously for a career that is inherently mathematical a BSc would be ideal.

However I think your best bet is Manchester Ba as it's a big uni so lots of opportunities in terms of banking

Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Einstein16
Which degree, if not all do you think will give me a good chance of getting a front/middle office role in a bank. I've currently considering the following options, and you should know 1) I have No A level maths ( Yes I know its helpful for banks ) 2) I'm planning on doing a placement year to gain experience during university

Manchester Uni : Economics BA
Manchester uni : Economics and finance BA
Exeter : Economics BA
Nottingham : Industrial Economics BSC ( however, the modules are not as quantitative and bank orientated as the Manchester Economics course ? )

And at which university am I exposed to more employers? ( financial industry )

P.S - remember it can be middle office too not just front.

Thanks

Nottingham as it more semi-target than Manchester-I believe, not 100% sure.

I wouldn't choose a degree for its likelihood for entry into investment banking, because that way you're just setting yourself up to have a really bad 3 years studying something you enjoy. Anyway degree doesn't really matter that much, it is all about the uni, people who read classics at Oxbridge still have a very high chance of IB entry because of the uni brand.

Ask on this thread, that way you will receive more answers: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=716188&page=478

hope this helps.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending