The Student Room Group
Design Students, University of Cumbria
University of Cumbria
Carlisle

University of Cumbria hopefulls.

Hello all,

I've placed Policing FDSC at Brampton Road, Carlisle as my firm choice for 2015/2016 and I couldn't see any other threads about next year.
So, is anyone else looking to go to Cumbria and what are your thoughts and feelings so far?

jangoice
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

:hello:

I'm going to do Fdsc forensic science at Fusehill campus so in Carlisle aswell.
Design Students, University of Cumbria
University of Cumbria
Carlisle
Reply 2
Awesome :smile: There's a cool joint exercise in year two for our courses!
It's a bit of a move for me, from Boston, Lincolnshire to Carlisle.
Original post by jangoice
Awesome :smile: There's a cool joint exercise in year two for our courses!
It's a bit of a move for me, from Boston, Lincolnshire to Carlisle.

That sounds interesting, Same here I'm moving from East London :redface: going to be so different, I will be worrying more closer to the time I reckon.
Reply 4
Original post by thestranger11
That sounds interesting, Same here I'm moving from East London :redface: going to be so different, I will be worrying more closer to the time I reckon.

Most probably, at the moment I'm mainly excited. I'm interested to see what it's like when I go for the April applicants day, it's meant to be great for smaller more social classes.
Hey! I've been looking for other Cumbria, Carlisle on the Fusehill Campus. I'm so glad I'm not the only one! Cumbria is my first choice and I'll be moving from Hertfordshire. I would be studying Adult Nursing. I can't wait
Reply 6
I'm shocked at how little I've seen on Cumbria, it's practically impossible to find anything recent! :dontknow:
Reply 8
For adult nursing do you need to go through DBS?
(edited 9 years ago)
I've been accepted this week for Diagnostic radiography. I'm genuinely scared though about uni life though because i don't drink because i'm religious and yea :\ I'm just scared i'm gonna get hate for it. I've heard really bad experiences of uni from others because they are religious. I'm excited to start the course and make new friends though. But I feel like people will make this a barrier. Is anyone else worried about this?
Original post by jangoice
For adult nursing do you need to go through DBS?

Yes you will, but I think we do that when we get to uni. :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by TallulahTopaz

I've already done mine for the policing course, you should check with Cumbria about DBS for your course.
Reply 12
Original post by cuppacoffee
I've been accepted this week for Diagnostic radiography. I'm genuinely scared though about uni life though because i don't drink because i'm religious and yea :\ I'm just scared i'm gonna get hate for it. I've heard really bad experiences of uni from others because they are religious. I'm excited to start the course and make new friends though. But I feel like people will make this a barrier. Is anyone else worried about this?

I'm a Christian and don't really drink but I'm not particulaly worried about this, there are always societies you can join and friends I know in the same situation as me who have gone to uni have fitted in really well without needing to conform. It should be fine :smile:

I've confirmed my place on the FdSc Criminal Justice course at Fusehill Street, I'll be moving there from Cambridgeshire so it is a bit of a trek! I'm not too worried right now, but I am surprised at the lack of Cumbria related threads on here haha
I have to undertake a DBS check as well, but I think Cumbria will send us more info on that closer to the time, around about April I've heard.
Original post by amiihannah
I've confirmed my place on the FdSc Criminal Justice course at Fusehill Street, I'll be moving there from Cambridgeshire so it is a bit of a trek! I'm not too worried right now, but I am surprised at the lack of Cumbria related threads on here haha
I have to undertake a DBS check as well, but I think Cumbria will send us more info on that closer to the time, around about April I've heard.

Hey! I'm from right near Cambridge too! And I'm going to conform my place at Fuse Hill as soon as I hear back from my final Uni! Glad I'm not the only one coming from so far away!
Hey! I'm from right near Cambridge too! And I'm going to conform my place at Fuse Hill as soon as I hear back from my final Uni! Glad I'm not the only one coming from so far away!

Hertfordshire did you say? We're so close!
I'm glad I've finally found someone else studying at Fusehill St. as well!
Original post by amiihannah
Hertfordshire did you say? We're so close!
I'm glad I've finally found someone else studying at Fusehill St. as well!

Ha yer Hertfordshire! Like real close to Camb, I'm like 40mins from the city centre of Cambridge though if I i drive! Same!
I have an offer for law at fusehill :smile:
Original post by stoltguyboo
I have an offer for law at fusehill :smile:

Woo that's great!
Got an offer for graphic design at Brampton road :smile:
I'm from Kent so I'm glad I'm not the only one coming from quite far away

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending