The Student Room Group

Best age to meet someone and settle down?

Scroll to see replies

What do you mean by settling down?
Never
'No later than 27'...is what I thought but idk cuz I've never liked anyone consistently for more than 6 months (nor have I dated anyone before) so I guess I'm a little too inexperienced to have a strong opinion haha (o^_^o)
Original post by Dr Pesto
What do you mean by settling down?

mm i guess in a position whereby your ready to get married?
There is no right or wrong answer to this. I met my husband when I was 17, we moved in together when I was almost 19, and we got married when I was 21.

For other people that might happen when they're in their late 20s or 30s or whatever... or even not at all.
I'm 24 and want to find someone to settle down with now even though I'm still at uni. Not going to wait until I'm 30 as it's a sad fact that dating for women becomes much harder and the men are going to be chasing the younger women. Want to bag him before I'm all washed up!
Well, I'm 24 (25 in May). I don't really know... I was ready to marry my ex, a couple of years ago. If I'd have stayed with him, we'd be engaged by now. So I guess I, sort of, already am? It's all very dependent on circumstances. I'm in a really great relationship now but it's still early days. I'm moving about 2 hours away for university in September, so obviously that's a factor. I think I'm at the stage of my life where I'd be happy to 'settle down' with someone, but they'd have to accept/support the fact that I'll be a student for the next four years or so. :tongue: I'm in a happy relationship at the moment but it's too early to say whether it'll get to that stage, plus we'll have to figure out what we do when September rolls around.

So yeah, whilst I haven't made a conscious decision about it, I'm open to it.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm 24 and want to find someone to settle down with now even though I'm still at uni. Not going to wait until I'm 30 as it's a sad fact that dating for women becomes much harder and the men are going to be chasing the younger women. Want to bag him before I'm all washed up!

Dude, no offence but I think you have a distorted view of what life is like in your 30s! It's really not that different.

(I'm the same age as you, but have lots of friends in their 30s)
Id say if I'm in a relationship when I'm 22 maybe 23 then I won't plan on being with anyone else. So Id settle down at about that age.
23 is when I wanna get married
Depends what you mean by settle down? I don't want kids until I'm about 30 (I'm 22 at the moment), but I think I'd be happy to meet my life partner (if there is such a thing) and live together by 25/26.
28, & I've not even had a decent long term relationship!

There is no right/wrong...when the time is right it'll all fall into place regardless of age.
Hmmm 26-28 ish....defo before 30 :smile:
Well until I was 23 I wanted nothing more out of a relationship than guaranteed sex and I don't think I'm that unrepresentative of most males.

So if we allow 2-4 years as being the time you'd date the girl for before marrying her then we get 25-27 for a man. Now if we double the 2-4 to allow for failed relationships and periods of being single then we get 4-8 years which is 27-31 for a man.

Currently the average age to marry is 29 for a woman and 31 for a man so I think the ideal is a tad earlier than most today with a median of 29 for a man and 27 for a woman in terms of my ideal.

Realistically I myself am looking at 30-34 due to wasting my early twenties.
Original post by Rakas21
Well until I was 23 I wanted nothing more out of a relationship than guaranteed sex and I don't think I'm that unrepresentative of most males.

So if we allow 2-4 years as being the time you'd date the girl for before marrying her then we get 25-27 for a man. Now if we double the 2-4 to allow for failed relationships and periods of being single then we get 4-8 years which is 27-31 for a man.

Currently the average age to marry is 29 for a woman and 31 for a man so I think the ideal is a tad earlier than most today with a median of 29 for a man and 27 for a woman in terms of my ideal.

Realistically I myself am looking at 30-34 due to wasting my early twenties.

Wow how logical and calculated. :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending