The Student Room Group

Best noise cancelling headphones for commute to uni?????????

please give me your recommendations :smile:
the tube is really boring so need something to listen to music with

Scroll to see replies

Budget?
I would recommend buying some sort of headphones from sony, they seem to be the best quality and some are really cheap for how good they are
Original post by prettyGirl101
please give me your recommendations :smile:
the tube is really boring so need something to listen to music with

Budget? Do you want in-ear, on-ear or over-ear? Do you know if you specifically want active notice cancelling, or is it just strong isolation you're after?

Original post by Wilfred Little
Budget?

:hat2:
Just get some in-ear headphones from Sennheiser. They do an excellent job of drowning out most ambient noise because of where they sit. Shouldn't cost more than about £35.
[h="1"]Monster Diesel VEKTR On-Ear Headphones[/h]
Posted from TSR Mobile
Sennheiser, Bose and Sony headphones are the best quality mass produced headphones.Rap and celebrity endorsed headphones like Beats and 50 cent SMS are overrated and overpriced.
I'd second Sennheiser, you can get a basic pair of in-ear ones for about £15.

If you want to use them in the gym they also do some awesome earbuds which are the best 'exercise' headphones I've ever had, they actually do stay in your head very well unlike most of the over the ear ones via a slightly different mechanism, it's worth the extra £££:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-CX-685-Sports-Headphones-Black/dp/B0094R4POC
[h="3"]Sennheiser HD 25-1 II [/h]
best headphones you can get. I use them for Djing and they are specifically made for channeling out background noise.
Original post by oscarmason
Sennheiser HD 25-1 II

best headphones you can get. I use them for Djing and they are specifically made for channeling out background noise.

woaaah my budget is 30
budget is 30
on ear. the in-ear ones hurt my ears. i dont mind over ear too :smile:
just something which i can use on the tube as its abit loud
Reply 11
Beats, unfortunately
Original post by oscarmason
[h="3"]Sennheiser HD 25-1 II [/h]

The best choice really. I love mine.

£210 is mental though you can get them for a lot less on Amazon, think the basic editions are £120 now. That's a steal.
Using beats for headphones is like hitting yourself in the head with a brick.
Original post by bmjordan
Beats, unfortunately

:biggrin:

You actually just took it there.
budget is 30

You won't get noise cancelling at that price. :nope:

You may have got a decent set on in ear ones that do going noise isolation, but as you say, you don't like them.

I can't help much for on ear cans I'm afraid, I don't know that market that well.
budget is 30

For on-ear, the Philips Citiscape Downtown.

For over-ear, the Monoprice DJ headphones.

Both are excellent sounding, well isolating headphones for the money, can't go wrong with either :yep: You went get active noise cancelling for such a low budget that isn't terrible sounding or ineffective.
budget is 30

IN-ear headphones are the only thing for that money that will work really well in the tube.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-II-Precision-Isolating-Earphones-Black/dp/B001EZYMF4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1422306663&sr=8-3&keywords=sennheiser+headphones

These headphones come with a variety of foam buds. One of them will fit your ears. Keep the volume low if they hurt your ears.

Unless you buy expensive headphones, any on-ear or even over-ear headphones will deliver poor music quality on the noisy tube.

Plus the in-ear ones are so easy to put in and take out.
Can you wear the first one on the tube/day to day? i dont want to look weird esp since i wear a hijab lol
Original post by Adipoptosis
IN-ear headphones are the only thing for that money that will work really well in the tube.

I don't agree personally, I've used on-ears and over-ears on the tube plenty of times over the last couple of years without any issues.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending