The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
RyanY
mine took longer too, I mean I only received the portal letter password on thrusday havind sent it off ages ago. They must have loads to sort out and decide who to interview etc..

Mines 9th too.

I got the letter from Nottingham last Thursday too when I was at Bath
Reply 21
cool...Bath are taking their time....lol. 3 days tschhhh:rolleyes:
Reply 22
YAY i got one! 28th February lol ^___^
Reply 23
I got interview on 10th Jan. Got chemistry exam on 11th so i rescheduled. They offered me 24th Jan . On internet threre was a website showing exam dates, I must have misread it and saw 25th Jan as an exam date for Biology, so I thought that I may cope and accepted the 24th Jan , after all I had made them reschedule before.My Biology teacher told me its the 24th Jan, so ive just had to email Jane Smith asking her to reschedule again. Am I gonna look bad, careless etc? I fhtey give me another chance.

Another thing is that on the reschedule card there were only two options unlike the first card:
-I can come on the 24th
-I am no longer interested

Does this this that a further reschedule wont be available?
Reply 24
hey ppl..kinda new to this thing..so nt sure if this is gonna work! :| but yeah..do nottingham uni defiinately interview evryone??...my ucas has only jus bin sent off to the unis!!..so iv nt yt received any offers...bt if ne1s had theier notts interview..howd it go? and wa do they ask you??..im scared =( lol
Reply 25
What questions were asked at the Nottinghma interviews???????????
milio
What questions were asked at the Nottinghma interviews???????????
Aye :biggrin:
Reply 27
hey everyone went for my interview at nottingham yesturday i think it went well the interview was just like a conversation about pharmacy. i didnt get asked any acedemic questions but some other people did i think it all depended on who you had taking the interview! but for those with interviews coming up i wouldnt worri bout it at all good luck
Reply 28
Thanks luchi :yy:
Reply 29
Posted by mustard man
Aye !!!

I didnt say that I wouldnt ask for help. I just expected people to be more reluctant to give out info.
Reply 30
yehh i got an offer from Nottingham....
milio
I didnt say that I wouldnt ask for help. I just expected people to be more reluctant to give out info.
What are you talking about? I was agreeing with you about asking what was asked at the interview, because I haven't had mine yet! :rolleyes:

Congrats to those who got offers :congrats:
Reply 32
Got a notts offer 2 - woohoo its ma first choice!!!
congrats on the offers everyone :five:

:biggrin:
Reply 34
Oh , sorry mustard man!
Reply 35
mine isnt till the 17th of january, what kind of questions did u get asked?!
Reply 36
hey i got an offer from nottingham...dunno what is yet tho...nottingham said in the letter they would let me know via ucas...odd! anyway interview wise i was first asked with emphasis on my personal statement why i wanted to do pharmacy.
next was asked about my personal qualities. moving on to science based questions was next. asked why injecting insulin is better than giving someone a insulin tablet to swallow. then asked what insulin is about proteins and amino acids...not as hard as it seems.
next i was asked to draw if i wanted a peptide link and how it arises...so easy!
finally i was asked about extra cirricular stuff i do! at the end of the interview the interviewer was really impressed with me and said you should definitly hear from us soon and that i would make a good pharmacist...thanks!!
so over all a really friendly interview and the setting was relaxing as well.

hope this helps for others who have interviews coming up at nottingham.
Reply 37
that sounds alright actually!! did they ask anything on antibiotics?? or pharmacy news?
Reply 38
nenah
that sounds alright actually!! did they ask anything on antibiotics?? or pharmacy news?

not my interviewer but i can assure q's about pharmacy in news and antibiotics definitly be asked so its best to be prepared for them!
anyone noticed the typo in the thread title?!
I've just got back from Nottingham and I absolutely loved the place.

It was a wierd interview really. A Dr. just drew out a random drug which he said he made up, told me about it and asked if i could identify the functional groups. Then he asked why it the drug soluble, what makes it stable, why is part x more stable than part y, he threw in a trick question too as while he was talking, he said that hydrogen was more electronegative than nitrogen - which he was glad i picked up the fact he was wrong.

Then he asked me why pharmacy and not medicine/vet/dentistry etc, why nottingham and that was it.

All in all very good and I really hope to get an offer.

Latest

Trending

Trending