The Student Room Group

Concerns over Post 16 PGCE Loans?

Hi everyone,

Hope you are all well.

I'm happy to say I was offered a place on the PGCE for Post 16 and Further Education at Hallam - yay! However I'm concerned as I'm trying to apply for finance (getting it done nice and early before my travels in the summer) and I can't find my course on the drop down list anywhere. My application can't be processed until I select my course. The course is definitely PGCE in Post 16 and Further Education, UCAS code XQ33. I've tried everything I can think of and as far as I'm aware I can apply for finance through student finance for my tuition fees etc, as all documentation I have from Hallam says I can.

I'm now really, really scared that I can't apply for finance with this course?! I can't afford to fund it myself. :frown:

Any advice/help appreciated?!

Alex
Original post by alexandrajade3
Hi everyone,

Hope you are all well.

I'm happy to say I was offered a place on the PGCE for Post 16 and Further Education at Hallam - yay! However I'm concerned as I'm trying to apply for finance (getting it done nice and early before my travels in the summer) and I can't find my course on the drop down list anywhere. My application can't be processed until I select my course. The course is definitely PGCE in Post 16 and Further Education, UCAS code XQ33. I've tried everything I can think of and as far as I'm aware I can apply for finance through student finance for my tuition fees etc, as all documentation I have from Hallam says I can.

I'm now really, really scared that I can't apply for finance with this course?! I can't afford to fund it myself. :frown:

Any advice/help appreciated?!

Alex

Check your paperwork and look to see if it lists the course as 'pending accreditation' or something similar. Some courses (like the one I've been accepted on) are new and not yet accredited, so they're not recognized by the student finance system and you can't apply for finance until they're on the system. I've had to wait until the course provider has told me its accredited and I can go ahead with finance. If it doesn't say anything about accreditation on your letter, call SHU's finance office for advice.
Hi Alex I have been accepted on the same course as you!

I can't give any advice as my student finance went through without any problems. However have you tried calling them? They can usually sort something like that out over the phone?

Chris.
Hi,

Thanks for your replies, sorry in my lateness in acknowledging them!

All sorted - I had a brief panic - but no, I could apply for maintenance and living loans (which I have done and have had approved).

:smile:

Quick Reply