The Student Room Group

Why am I getting smarter?

Everyday I feel my brain change shape. I feel more intelligent. I can recall more information, learn faster, and see more to an argument than I previously could. I have no idea why this is happening so late in my development - I'm 19. I've gone from scoring average grades to top grades with little effort.
*more intelligent
you are becoming Limitless like Bradley Cooper :biggrin:
I don't know, dude-but you are lucky :smile: Are you in better psychological situatuion, too? Feeling better or something? Because if you feel better, your brain can work better, too :smile:
Because your brain can adapt to your needs.

For example, I feel that I am much more intelligent now.

I used to see AS maths difficult. But at the end of A2, I found A Level Maths and Further Maths ridiculously easy (gotten both A*s there).
BTW, I got Cs in my AS maths mock exams. I was shockingly poor at maths before starting AS.

So, you can train your brain...

There is a story I heard somewhere where there was this student who was considered the worst by his maths teacher.
Later, he became one of the maths prodigy. I forgot his name though, and it's not Albert Einstein as people seem to think.
Lucky bastard, I've been getting stupider ever since I went to uni
Reply 7
I think this might be a phenomenon called learning? IDK though

*and don't forget what Aristotle said about the wisest man being the man who knows he knows nothing
It is because you have something called an 'education'
Original post by Plastic Face
Everyday I feel my brain change shape. I feel more intelligent. I can recall more information, learn faster, and see more to an argument than I previously could. I have no idea why this is happening so late in my development - I'm 19. I've gone from scoring average grades to top grades with little effort.

What was the point of this thread?:laugh:

Show off.:huff:
(edited 9 years ago)
Im 19 too. I would like to become like you. Whats your secret ? Even though the number of words I know have grown from the age of 17 all bcos of reading books and my grammar has significantly improved im still not satisfied :no:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DeadEnd_96
you are becoming Limitless like Bradley Cooper :biggrin:

Ah I wish I was :tongue:
I've heard that you get 'smarter' as your brain makes more connections and understands things faster. In theory then, anyone could be as intelligent as Einstein if they made the right mental connections from an early age. Perhaps why kids with autism can be crazy good at maths or recall an entire city scape from a single fly by. So maybe you've just been making a few more connections between things, reading more or learning things a better way, and it'll affect all of your 'intelligence'.

Quick Reply

Latest