The Student Room Group

why do people say fast food tastes better?

better how? This may sound judgmental, but isnt it people from low class/chav households/neighbourhoods that say that? I guess i was raised in an african family, so we ate traditional foods from ghana, not burgers that much. Though nobody really needs fast foods....

Scroll to see replies

it just does :dontknow:
because their culinary game is weak?
Original post by sherlockfan
it just does :dontknow:

Er..how? People are conditioned to think that..
Original post by hamix.forllz

Er..how? People are conditioned to think that..

just as you have been conditioned to eat food from ghana, whatever that is.

different people have different tastes. a lot of it depends on your culture so you cant justify and explain it. you either like it or you don't.
(edited 9 years ago)
just as you have been conditioned to eat ghana, whatever that is.

different people have different tastes. a lot of it depends on your culture so you cant justify and explain it. you either like it or you don't.

Lololo....not as smart as you claim....ok...
Because they haven't tried much higher quality food.
Or they're drunk. The only time McDonolds tastes good is when one is drunk.
Original post by hamix.forllz
Lololo....not as smart as you claim....ok...

what? :s-smilie:
Because they don't know what good food tastes like.
MSG.
what? :s-smilie:

Ghana is a country.
I totally agree. I think people are just trained to associate fast food with instant satisfaction, but actually I'd 100% rather eat a pasta bake or bowl of soup than the mysterious preserved cardboard offerings of a place like McDonalds.
Maybe it's like dehydration. If you don't eat nutrients you don't crave any.

The only purpose of chips is to convey salt and fat to your mouth. It's the sugar, salt and fat that are addictive.

This is the funniest thing I've ever read on TSR.
Original post by SophiaLDN
This is the funniest thing I've ever read on TSR.

Original post by Octohedral
Ghana is a country.

I read it as "we ate traditional foods like ghana". I'm glad my dyslexia amuses you though.
(edited 9 years ago)

:rofl:
Original post by Anonynmous
:rofl:

okay im editing that post.

people are so immature.
My guess is fast food from big chains has been specifically developed to have the 'right' balance of salt, fat, msg etc to compensate for poor quality ingredients whereas home made foods relies on food quality ingredients to give flavour but the balance between salt and fat is more guesswork.

I think there's a time and a place for both, although I prefer proper food over fast food most of the time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's because humans are made to like meaty, fatty, salty things more tasty, due to how rare they are in a hunter gatherer type societies.

It all goes wrong when someone figures how to mass produce meat, salt etc. The main reason people find healthy food so bland is because it's nature trying to encourage you to eat something that's much harder to get and in itself is much more risky to gather.
(edited 9 years ago)
Because the food is different from what they eat on a regular basis and their taste pallets likes it.

I'm quite the same, my parents gave me fast food extremely rarely per year, until I got older I started eating quite a bit more.
Now it's generally like meh, isn't amazing and really depends on where I get it from.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending