The Student Room Group

Transferring universities?

Hello,

I'm an infrequent poster, and this is oftentimes a disclaimer on my threads because I don't use this site very much. If this thread is in the wrong place, I (a) apologise, and (b) only ask that it be moved to its correct place or notified down below.

Onto the meat and bones of this thread. The question is in the title.

Currently I study at Roehampton University. I accepted their unconditional offer after a gap year and after having missed out on a conditional from Oxford Brookes University. They were fourth and second choices respectively.

But since I entered the first year of my degree I have struggled with depression that has followed me around for the last five, six years. When I started my current job in February last year and took on maximum hours, it became much worse. I cut down my hours, and still found myself feeling the brunt of it.

As a result of the mental "illness" (don't like using that word, I digress) I was infrequent with my attendance. Particularly towards the end of the first term. Over the Christmas break, I was hit with a chest infection that lasted nearly a month. I am back up to speed but out of sorts with my coursework and friends/social life.

And for university transference: I have only been able to do one assignment so far, scored over 60%. But I want to know what I need to do to show other universities why transferring would be in both of our best interests.

The reasons I want to transfer are a few: a new city, new environment, better academical standards, bigger challenges, more motivation. It's easy to list them off as such and I would be more detailed but it is 3am.

Is it possible now? I've listed a few universities that I would like to go to, but I need more information about it. I know it's definitely possible, but wondering whether I've missed my window, other people's stories, and such.

Any help would be much appreciated,

Regards,

Nick
>Email University admissions departments and inquire about a transfer. Also look on the Uni's site, some list their transfer acceptance and others don't.
>They'll tell you if they accept them or not
>If they accept transfers you'll be asked to give details of your course via email to see if the first years of the course are similar enough so not to put you at a disadvantage for the second year
>You may be rejected if the first year of your course is not similar enough
>If they accept, you may be sent an offer via email; e.g "Obtain a 2.1 in the first year" etc. Or you may be sent the offer via UCAS.
>Apply via UCAS and select entry year 2.
>Wait for the offer and terms to come in.

I don't know what happens if you're a late applicant for the second year unfortunately, this you'll need to find out directly from the University.

There's a transfer FAQ hovering around on the site somewhere too if you want to get a lot of people's experiences. This is just written from my own.
Reply 2
Please can you advice on how to find second year entry on uCAS unfortunately I cannot find it( thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest