The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Do I stand a chance for Social Policy at LSE???

Sent off my application in early January.

I got 4 A's and 6 B's at GCSE (Extenuating Circumstances)

And have already achieved AAB at A-level which meets the entry requirement (currently on a gap year). My PS in quite good aswell.

But I was kinda put off by the number of applicants per place which was apparently 8:1 which seems very strange because Social Policy isn't exactly a popular course.

So was wondering if anyone knows anyone who got in with similar grades to me? and whether it's as competitive as they say?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
I did MYP and I'm not sure what the GCSE equivalent is but my MYP grades were actually kind of bad to be honest and I still got in. :redface:
Reply 3
Original post by creamymami
I did MYP and I'm not sure what the GCSE equivalent is but my MYP grades were actually kind of bad to be honest and I still got in. :redface:

Are you at the uni now?
Reply 4
Hi I applied and have a an offer of 1 A ( already have 3 As I am over 21) I got my offer in January it is I believe a very competitive course.

I am also holding an offer from Cambridge for HSPS which is obvs great but the Social Policy Bsc at LSE looks amazing ...
Original post by EdCohen
Are you at the uni now?

Yes, I'm reading social policy at LSE at the moment. If you have any questions about social policy at LSE feel free to pm me.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by creamymami
Yes, I'm reading social policy at LSE at the moment. If you have any questions about social policy at LSE feel free to pm me.

Hey, how's the workload? High or manageable? And why do you think the student satisfaction rates for Social Policy are so low? Thank you lots.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending