The Student Room Group

Fussy with food- what to eat for lunch?

I find it really hard to find a lunch to eat that isn't really expensive. I'm fussy and don't like brown bread, mustard, tomatoes... the list goes on!

Does anyone have any recommendations?
Is there anything that you do like?

There are tons of recipes you could try out.
Original post by SecretDuck
Is there anything that you do like?

There are tons of recipes you could try out.

There are loads of things I like but I find they always get mixed with things I don't :frown:

I love chicken, ham, cheese, pasta etc but am just getting bored of ham and cheese sandwiches every lunch!
Original post by GameofThronesFan
There are loads of things I like but I find they always get mixed with things I don't :frown:

I love chicken, ham, cheese, pasta etc but am just getting bored of ham and cheese sandwiches every lunch!

If you like burgers, you can make your own chicken burgers. The sauce can vary - mayo and burger sauce, thousand island dressing or even your own homemade sauces.

Or you can make a salad with the things you love with your own homemade salad dressing. Salads are the best packed lunch IMO.
If you like burgers, you can make your own chicken burgers. The sauce can vary - mayo and burger sauce, thousand island dressing or even your own homemade sauces.

Or you can make a salad with the things you love with your own homemade salad dressing. Salads are the best packed lunch IMO.

Thanks so much, these are both really great ideas and I love the idea of bringing in home made burgers for lunch- everyone will be so jealous!

aha I'm the same as you, I don't like most sauces e.g. mayonnaise, mustard etc but most sandwiches seem to contain them :angry::angry:
Thanks so much, these are both really great ideas and I love the idea of bringing in home made burgers for lunch- everyone will be so jealous!

No worries :smile:

Both of those things make for great packed lunches, much better than eating out.
Original post by Tilds1997
aha I'm the same as you, I don't like most sauces e.g. mayonnaise, mustard etc but most sandwiches seem to contain them :angry::angry:

That's why homemade sandwiches and salads trump store-bought ones, among other reasons. You can choose what goes in them, including your very own homemade sauces. I generally make a lot of my sauces from scratch - I'm not too crazy about store bought sauces.
How about you buy a loaf of tiger bread, get some honey roaster ham, some lettuce and some salad cream, throw them together and you have an awesome sandwich
That's why homemade sandwiches and salads trump store-bought ones, among other reasons. You can choose what goes in them, including your very own homemade sauces. I generally make a lot of my sauces from scratch - I'm not too crazy about store bought sauces.

Yeah, I tend to make my own sandwiches and take them to school with me
Original post by Tilds1997
Yeah, I tend to make my own sandwiches and take them to school with me

Same with me, but I make salads and I go to uni :smile:

Chicken oriental salad :sogood:
Hot Cross Buns with cheese (mature cheddar or brie) in are absolutely amazing.
Do you have access to a microwave? If so you can have soup, or leftovers from dinner the night before. Can also go for rice and sauce or pasta pots. Uncle Bens also do loads of varieties of microwaveable rice.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending