The Student Room Group

Sixth form or College

I'm quite confused as to whether sixth form or college will be better if i want to go to university?
Original post by negatron
I'm quite confused as to whether sixth form or college will be better if i want to go to university?

Colleges generally have better teaching, so you may be more likely to get high grades. You are also treated with a lot more respect. It's also a fresh start in an adult environment, which is a good practice run for university. The commute is probably something to factor in because it's time that could be spent studying.

If you go to a sixth form at the school you are currently at, you will know the teachers, most of your peers and will already be settled in there.
Reply 2
Original post by morgan8002
Colleges generally have better teaching, so you may be more likely to get high grades. You are also treated with a lot more respect. It's also a fresh start in an adult environment, which is a good practice run for university. The commute is probably something to factor in because it's time that could be spent studying.

If you go to a sixth form at the school you are currently at, you will know the teachers, most of your peers and will already be settled in there.

Thank you for the reply. do you know if it will be easier to get into a top university from a popular college or it doesn't really matter as long as I get the grades for uni
Original post by negatron
Thank you for the reply. do you know if it will be easier to get into a top university from a popular college or it doesn't really matter as long as I get the grades for uni

There's no difference in the likelihood of getting into university based on whether you go to sixth form or college, as long as you get the same grades.

However, the difference in teaching, as well as how happy you are there will affect your grades.

Quick Reply

Latest