The Student Room Group

What's the point of a FWB?

I've never understood why people would choose to be in one,especially as some people are bound to catch feelings and it doesn't always end so well.
I mean I understand the fun part and the no strings attached sex part but in the long run,surely it's not worth it?what are your views?
Well the idea is you can sleep with people but not have to worry about the relationship stuff.

Everyone who gets into them says they'll never get attached... some do, some don't and it gets messy.

I had a friend who was a bit naive and thought it was a friend on the dole... he thought what was the point in that, as you'd end up paying for them everywhere and what was the difference between that and a normal relationship. He had a point.
Regular sex with someone you know and trust without the difficult parts of a relationship I guess? (Or at least that's what it's supposed to be.) Would never have one myself, but can see why people do.
Reply 3
Original post by Precious Illusions
Regular sex with someone you know and trust without the difficult parts of a relationship I guess? (Or at least that's what it's supposed to be.) Would never have one myself, but can see why people do.

I can see why people would prefer it but sometimes it can get really messy.
Original post by Izzyeviel
Well the idea is you can sleep with people but not have to worry about the relationship stuff.

Everyone who gets into them says they'll never get attached... some do, some don't and it gets messy.

I had a friend who was a bit naive and thought it was a friend on the dole... he thought what was the point in that, as you'd end up paying for them everywhere and what was the difference between that and a normal relationship. He had a point.

Ahh that last bi made giggle :')

I think more often that not FWB situations don't work out and end messy due to someone getting attached to the other. But that's not the way most people go into them or think they will work out. Most people it would seem are naive to the fact it's probably going to ruin the friendship.
Btw, if anyone wants to try this FWB malarky... pm me... :cool: :cool:
Reply 6

I was going to ask if you would ever consider being in one
Original post by queen-bee
I was going to ask if you would ever consider being in one

I would strongly consider it and most definitely say yes.
Reply 8

Even if she wasn't good looking?
Reply 9
It only doesn't work often because people underestimate their ability to fall for somebody. FWB are people you find a) physically attractive enough to have sex with and b) emotionally attractive enough to sustain a friendship with which is, funnily enough, usually the combination it takes to build a relationship.

ur in m8
I was in one for 3/4 months with a girl a few Summers ago. She lived 3 miles away or so and her parents worked days. I lost almost a stone and a half from having sex 5/6 times a day and the walking. I was in the best shape of my life and having amazing sex with a girl I'd fancied for a few years. No complaints whatsoever.

When sixth form started again, we just drifted apart apart I guess as she went to University in London. Still pretty good friends and if she hadn't been at University, maybe something would have happened further. Meh.
(edited 9 years ago)

safe bro :wink:
I've never understood why people would choose to be in one,especially as some people are bound to catch feelings and it doesn't always end so well.
I mean I understand the fun part and the no strings attached sex part but in the long run,surely it's not worth it?what are your views?
yeh lads want simplicity...besides its often attracts women if done in the right fashion

can treat like a relationship without the pressure

most people arent honest enough for it but many normal relationships are even worse so..
Reply 13
wth is a FWB?
It's safer/more trustworthy than ONS than various strangers, and you still can't be assed for a full blown relationship. A neat arrangement, imo
It's enjoyable but without the constraints of a relationship perhaps, yes there's a risk of attachment but a lot of things in life have risks.
Even if she wasn't good looking?

If she looked a car crash victim crossed with the goodyear blimp, then no.

Otherwise, game on :cool:

Sex is sex, people get wound up about it having to mean something - in a loving relationship maybe it does, but if it, then you might as well have fun and push your boundaries.
It's nice, I'd love to have a fwb. Would be amazing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Fun and easy sex.

Quick Reply

Latest