The Student Room Group

Why are you still a virgin(males only)?

Is it out of choice or what?

Scroll to see replies

I don't believe in sex before marriage, partly because of religion but also because of where it got my parents and many other people I know. Yeah the thirst gets me sometimes but overall it really isn't that bad
Choice. In the past I would have only screwed one girl and I would have felt guilty if I did it with anyone else. Recently I've been talking with a girl for a few months but she lives in a different country. We would definitely screw if she came over though. This ties in with the "why are you single thread" too, I never pursue anything.
For many guys this will be because of their lack of opportunities. For the most part they have not created the opportunities or even realised them.
Original post by Sam Walters
For many guys this will be because of their lack of opportunities. For the most part they have not created the opportunities or even realised them.

This.
believe me its not out of choice.
Original post by Lionheart96
This.
believe me its not out of choice.

It is choice. However the transition if improving yourself (Not necessarily physically) is a grueling and long process. Ive gone from having absurd social anxiety where even leaving the house to go to work is a challenge to getting 3 dates a week.

It was not a nice process to go through lets just say that. Its not a nice process to get yourself rejected over and over to learn what works and what doesn't. When I say over and over I mean in the region of 800+ times. Then to have to back track mentally through that every single time and point the finger at yourself is soul destroying at times. The first 6 months were awful. But after that things started to click and speaking to become became enjoyable.

Essentially I've taken something that frightened the life out of me (Talking to members of the opposing gender) into something that I enjoy. Its had a huge knock on effect in other aspects of my life too. All positive and certainly worth the suffering.
It is choice. However the transition if improving yourself (Not necessarily physically) is a grueling and long process. Ive gone from having absurd social anxiety where even leaving the house to go to work is a challenge to getting 3 dates a week.

It was not a nice process to go through lets just say that. Its not a nice process to get yourself rejected over and over to learn what works and what doesn't. When I say over and over I mean in the region of 800+ times. Then to have to back track mentally through that every single time and point the finger at yourself is soul destroying at times. The first 6 months were awful. But after that things started to click and speaking to become became enjoyable.

Essentially I've taken something that frightened the life out of me (Talking to members of the opposing gender) into something that I enjoy. Its had a huge knock on effect in other aspects of my life too. All positive and certainly worth the suffering.

Exactly how did you do this, teach me!
Original post by queen-bee

Was raised in a religious household, erm not really out of choice, more out of circumstance.
Because I've not met the right person yet
Exactly how did you do this, teach me!

Message me your facebook. We have a heck of a lot of things to go through on skype.
Message me your facebook. We have a heck of a lot of things to go through on skype.

I don't use Facebook :tongue: PM me on here though :smile:
Reply 11
I'm only 9
No...not out of choice...:colone:

I lack confidence...but that's more confidence in myself, really. I'm going to the gym, I'm trying to improve myself...but well...I think I'm ugly, in all honesty...
Original post by RobML
I'm only 9

It says you're 21.
...also you joined in 2011... when you were 5.
Original post by queen-bee

we havent even been on a date yet :s-smilie:
Reply 15
Because I lack confidence and self esteem so I find it difficult to approach and talk to a girl.
Reply 16
It says you're 21.
...also you joined in 2011... when you were 5.

It won't let you sign up if you put your age as 5 :frown:
Reply 17
Because i'm a christian and sex before marriage is wrong. I can't afford to confirm my hell with other sinful acts i'm doing

Spoiler

Original post by jammy4041

I lack confidence...but that's more confidence in myself, really. I'm going to the gym, I'm trying to improve myself...but well...I think I'm ugly, in all honesty...

Judging by your picture, I suggest you have more confidence in yourself because you are attractive! :smile:
Original post by RobML
I'm only 9

9 and you still haven't lost your virginity? Better hurry up or before you know it you'll be a 12yr old virgin. Can you imagine anything worse?

Original post by jammy4041

You are not ugly.

Quick Reply