The Student Room Group

I'm so scared that my friend is going to get worse

My best ever friend has depression and has had it for about a year. I also have it but not as serious and I'm so afraid that she is getting worse. Her friends have left her and all she has is me really an I'm scared that I'm not enough. She has a boyfriend as well but she still gets really REALLY low and depressed to the point of thinking and attempting suicide.

On top of all of that, her parents are getting a divorce after 21 years of marriage and I can see that it's killing her. I was in her position around 10 years ago when my parents split so she talks to me about it all the time but I'm so so scared that it's not enough and that one day she will have done it and she will be gone. We have had 5 years worth of amazing memories together and I have stopped her from cutting further and stopped her from attempting suicide but I feel as though it's never going to end and she will never get better. She goes to counselling but it doesn't seem to be working with everything bad that is going on in her life (there are other things too).

If you can give some advice please comment :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
It sounds like your a great friend sticking with her, and being able to relate to her. The thing is...if your fears are right, she will get worse, and probably make a suicide attempt. Either that'll kick start something in her to change, or...it wont.

Continue to be there for her, but if she ultimately decides she's had enough, it's not your fault and you shouldn't feel guilty.

If you can't hack life, then move along.

Quick Reply

Latest