The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I did IGCSEs and did no coursework whatsoever. From what I've read on the BBC, 100% examination assessment is a characteristic of the IGCSE.
However, my IGCSEs were with the CIE exam board, it might be different with Edexcel.
Well, I'm doing maths IGCSE, and that's no coursework, but I don't know about other subjects...I think they don't have any coursework...
Reply 3
Apprently, you cannot enter an CIE IGCSE examination as an external candidate if you reside in the UK or US? What's all that about, if you're willing to pay, what difference does it make?
Reply 4
hey can u tell me how you entered as a external candidate with edexcel?

any help would be greatly appreciated- basically I am teaching my self A'level biology as I need it for the course I wish to transfer on to at my uni - so the teaching bits fine- it all going good - wot i really need help with is finding somewhere to sit my exams- all I need is a centre to enter myself through-somewhere which will enter me along with there candidates- I am doing the edexcel board and live in manchester although spend a lot of time in Liverpool as well- so what I am asking is is there any place any 1 from these two lovely cities knows that caters for private candidates

or if not any colleges/sixth forms which are also with edexcel and would be willing to allow me to enter with them- I need to enter for January exams by the November 30th - i no iv left it late- Edexcel have been no help.

Please let me know if u no....

cheers
Reply 5
I went to this website:
http://www.aqa.org.uk/admin/library/AQA-PRIVCAND-CENTRES-06-07.PDF

Its published by AQA and lists centres that are willing to take on AQA private candidates - but the two that I contacted in Edinburgh were both willing to take me on as an Edexcel candidate.

You should email a couple of the places (or phone) and ask if they'll take you - if they will, they'll send you all the application details etc and will apply to Edexcel on your behalf (Edexcel don't take independent applications).

Latest

Trending

Trending