The Student Room Group

No to homosexuals...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Chlorophile
Okay, I'm sorry for acting as if you're trying to impose it on others. I still think it is bigoted to use that definition of marriage though, particularly since your religion didn't even come up with the idea of marriage.

I wouldn't even say that I've 100% believe that gays shouldn't be allowed to be married (just wanted to prove my point), since I believe that they deserve equal rights in basically everything else.

I can definitely say I've been brainwashed by religion to think that being gay is wrong (like almost all other homophobes), if I had replied to this post 2 years ago I would have probably said being gay is disgusting, but I thought to myself why is being gay really wrong, and there is no real reason, the Bible doesn't even say it, it's all how you interpret it.
Original post by adesola15
I wouldn't even say that I've 100% believe that gays shouldn't be allowed to be married (just wanted to prove my point), since I believe that they deserve equal rights in basically everything else.

I can definitely say I've been brainwashed by religion to think that being gay is wrong (like almost all other homophobes), if I had replied to this post 2 years ago I would have probably said being gay is disgusting, but I thought to myself why is being gay really wrong, and there is no real reason, the Bible doesn't even say it, it's all how you interpret it.

I'm not anti-religious, what I do oppose is people forming harmful or negative opinions of others because of it. Religion is great as long as someone uses it to improve their life or the lives of others but I honestly don't see how you're benefiting from that point of view. What benefit do you get from thinking that two men or women shouldn't be allowed to have a partnership called a marriage? All that belief really does is it stops others from feeling as if they're normal or as if they belong. If you actually accept that you've been "brainwashed" (I think that's a bit harsh of a term but still), then why do you believe it?
Original post by al_94
I never said they will do that but my opinion is that it is not right for any man to make advances towards me.

I don't know about that I only learned about puberty and human reproduction in school.

It is also not right to make advances on women, or does it? :hmmm: Different schools, different methods of education.
This post, in 2015 as well, makes me sick. That's all I can be bothered to say, why waste my words?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending