The Student Room Group

Which clothing brands (for girls & guys) are the best quality?

I've found that a lot of the most popular brands (Superdry, Hollister, A&F, Jack Wills etc) are actually of quite low quality. In your personal expereinces, which clothing brands produce the best quality products (by which I mean comfortable, stylish and durable)?
bump
Reply 2
Original post by Genevieve2004
I've found that a lot of the most popular brands (Superdry, Hollister, A&F, Jack Wills etc) are actually of quite low quality. In your personal expereinces, which clothing brands produce the best quality products (by which I mean comfortable, stylish and durable)?

i think Zara is great - it is great quality and the styles are literally off the runway so it's always up to date. They are really well in line with high fashion because it is a joint company with Massimo Dutti, and the quality is amazing. It is often quite pricy when stuff is newly released, but about four weeks after release, the sales in store and on line are really generous, so I really recommend.
Reply 3
Levis are of very good quality and denim isn't ever going to go out of fashion !
Reply 4
Original post by Cicilaw
i think Zara is great - it is great quality and the styles are literally off the runway so it's always up to date. They are really well in line with high fashion because it is a joint company with Massimo Dutti, and the quality is amazing. It is often quite pricy when stuff is newly released, but about four weeks after release, the sales in store and on line are really generous, so I really recommend.

yeh I got a blazer/jacket from Zara for sixth form and I was really impressed with the quality actually and it washed very well
Reply 5
just realised the OP started this thread in 2015 oops
Reply 6
Hugo Boss and Ralph Lauren make excellent quality items, my gloves and tops from them respectively have lasted 5 years:smile:

You generally get what you pay for in terms of jackets/suits/accessories its every day things like jeans and underwear etc. that are no different than the ones in Primark but just have a different label slapped on. Not true of everythin of course but it's fairly true for many. e.g. a A&F hoody or Armani watch .. mssive rip offs.
Reply 7
H&M basic wear like tshirts and hoodies are the best 'basic' range in terms of quality out of all the stores I've tried (mens)
well maybe it because i have expensive taste but Zegna and Versace are good as are Gucci and Dior are ok
Versace, Diesel jeans seems to have gotten worse over the years though I suspect that someone washed them...
John galliano top is also of good quality

Posted from TSR Mobile
Levis is good
Primark (Ceder Wood Estate) is pretty good, especially considering that they're dirt cheap. £2.50 a t-shirt. You tend to find that the designer brands are pretty poor quality. People buy them for the brands not the quality

Quick Reply

Latest